Revelstoke Avalanche at Keystone

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well written Glacier tim way to drive it home we should all shead a tear because it could happen to any one of us thank god we stick together when something happens. Most if not all of us have familys and its them that allow us to do what we do so the lest that we can do is be as safe as possible and stick together when something like this happens so that we all return home safe to our family.
My condolences to the family and friends of Mr. Doug Murry. and to the gentleman that were there for doing everything possible.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it is a tough situation.. It's true that they did all that they could, my boss was one of them.. It is a sad reality of sledding in the mountains.. I talked to another freind of the shops today and he said that he used up one of his nine lives on the weekend.. He set off a class 3 avy.. he was lucky though he rode out of part of it then got kicked to the side and was able to run out it out to the side and get free of it.. He's a lucky one.. But it serves as a good reminder of the hazards in the hills... Also a good reminder is that when the avy hazard is considerable that it is not a good idea to cut long sidehills.. This cuts the snow free and makles it alot easier for it to slide.. But condolences to all in the family and those were there at the scene, and all invovlved... Always a sad day when one of our fellow riders doesnt ride home....

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That really is heart wrenching to read and to know that he left a young family also. I love the mountains but on years like this it feels a little like rolling dice. Be very careful.

Top Bottom