I guess we will need a new Matryx 900 section tomorrow?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those guages are pretty awesome for tree riding. Id almost buy a Polaris just for the guage. Id wreck it though.
We went from the Frisby parking lot just above the gravel pit around the whole mountain and up to the cabin. More of a bush ride than a tree ride. Buddies boost has The gauge and it works awesome, even though we kind of knew which direction to go. It made it easy to straighten out the route. That’s a huge piece of tech for tree riders.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went from the Frisby parking lot just above the gravel pit around the whole mountain and up to the cabin. More of a bush ride than a tree ride. Buddies boost has The gauge and it works awesome, even though we kind of knew which direction to go. It made it easy to straighten out the route. That’s a huge piece of tech for tree riders.

Takes out a lot of the guess work forsure.

I carry a gps in my pocket most of the time, but its nice to have on the dash.
And the buddy tracking system is a big plus too.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Takes out a lot of the guess work forsure.

I carry a gps in my pocket most of the time, but its nice to have on the dash.
And the buddy tracking system is a big plus too.
I have a Garmin GPS I never use it ha ha. I guess I should. I carry it just in case we need a chopper for a medic

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
900R Owners: this sled works pretty good, i am having fun

BOOST owners: YEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW FFFF*********************** THIS THINGS FAST WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. PPPPPPPPPPPSHHHHHHHHHHH PPPPPPPPSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attachments

• 068539E2-CEE1-4726-9333-5FABAD2E6C2D.gif
    068539E2-CEE1-4726-9333-5FABAD2E6C2D.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 166

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is not a good reason. Have you seen some of those French girls? Just say'n.

Who cares, lots of women look good, them French are f*cked in the head, crazy weird people, all of the most perverted minds are French, they wrote the book on torture sex and BDSM stuff…… too weird for me lol

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well look at what it takes to get the performance out of a Polaris to be impressive. The doo track is now 2g, so to get a boost to where it can be amazing reality is, it’s another 3G for the average consumer.
Bens vids look extremely impressive and he did a amazing job to get that sled ripping.
The moment a person strays away from box stock it becomes to subjective of a argument.

That being said the 9R May still have a chance of competing with doos 850.

I read comments of the doo engine being 165 for ever, and that’s wrong. The 2010 etec 800 only dynoed that at a independent lab for 1 year, that 800etec engine was only made for 1 year.

What’s Polaris’s HP numbers, or right they don’t have any just percentages.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well look at what it takes to get the performance out of a Polaris to be impressive. The doo track is now 2g, so to get a boost to where it can be amazing reality is, it’s another 3G for the average consumer.
Bens vids look extremely impressive and he did a amazing job to get that sled ripping.
The moment a person strays away from box stock it becomes to subjective of a argument.

That being said the 9R May still have a chance of competing with doos 850.

I read comments of the doo engine being 165 for ever, and that’s wrong. The 2010 etec 800 only dynoed that at a independent lab for 1 year, that 800etec engine was only made for 1 year.

What’s Polaris’s HP numbers, or right they don’t have any just percentages.
I agree 100%. If you have 25K for a sled the skidoo has better value. It will come down to rider preference if they prefer the Doo or the Poo. I find it so frustrating that polaris continues to offer horrible tracks, have poor clutching and offer a sled that has lots of initial issues. Im on 9 plugs now and my screen doesn't work sometimes. My fuel pump has been good so far but im sure it will become an issue.

The 9R will be a fun and responsive sled. Thats it.

We were riding at the back of Clemina and a stock Polaris 850 165 2.75 was struggling to get out of this small climb, had to poach just to make it out. I looked at Maxwell and said 26K for 7% better then that... ouch. Then Maxwel and I climbed over with like 40 mph ground speed... lol.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do they replace the factory display? Did some reading in their site and it looks like they can read the factory sensors.
Do they replace the factory display? Did some reading in their site and it looks like they can read the factory sensors.
They don’t replace the factory gauge. I mounted mine just below the factory gauge.
1DAD9551-3CDA-4A82-959D-18326C44B0F0.png

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 900 will be a disappointment to many people.. 26K and will need mods to get decent track speed. And still have a shitty track....
First of all the 900 is not $26k, but it is still over-priced at $24k with fancy gauge. And if guys are not dissapointed with their Polaris 850's now, how will they be dissapointed with the 900? I have a Polaris 850 and just rode with 2 turbo Doo's this weekend and a N/A Lynx and a couple other Polaris 850's and there was not one sled that shined above the rest. The 900 will just give us more of what we like and the Doo guys will like it more too as it should hit harder on the bottom (like the Doo's) and shouild have about 180 HP at sea level. The losses it sees at elevation will be offset by its light weight. Sure if you ride above 8000 ft get a turbo, but most of us don't.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First of all the 900 is not $26k, but it is still over-priced at $24k with fancy gauge. And if guys are not dissapointed with their Polaris 850's now, how will they be dissapointed with the 900? I have a Polaris 850 and just rode with 2 turbo Doo's this weekend and a N/A Lynx and a couple other Polaris 850's and there was not one sled that shined above the rest. The 900 will just give us more of what we like and the Doo guys will like it more too as it should hit harder on the bottom (like the Doo's) and shouild have about 180 HP at sea level. The losses it sees at elevation will be offset by its light weight. Sure if you ride above 8000 ft get a turbo, but most of us don't.

have fun riding your 9R at sea level. the only place that it will touch a boost is on the ship its coming from china on

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just cant leave this one alone hey... Those axy 850's were bought at roughly 17,500 give or take,the 2022 matryx N/A's were closer to 19500. Now 24-26K for 7% better.. to me that is just brutal.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have fun riding your 9R at sea level. the only place that it will touch a boost is on the ship its coming from china on
The 9R will out-perform the Boost in the trees. However it will not out-power it. There is a difference.

Top Bottom