I guess we will need a new Matryx 900 section tomorrow?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First of all the 900 is not $26k, but it is still over-priced at $24k with fancy gauge. And if guys are not dissapointed with their Polaris 850's now, how will they be dissapointed with the 900? I have a Polaris 850 and just rode with 2 turbo Doo's this weekend and a N/A Lynx and a couple other Polaris 850's and there was not one sled that shined above the rest. The 900 will just give us more of what we like and the Doo guys will like it more too as it should hit harder on the bottom (like the Doo's) and shouild have about 180 HP at sea level. The losses it sees at elevation will be offset by its light weight. Sure if you ride above 8000 ft get a turbo, but most of us don't.
You keep saying that in all your posts Chris. How long till Jim gets tired of you bagging on his riding ability and punts you to the curb? Hahah

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That 9r will be a blast at lower elevations. I have built a lot of mod motors over the years and if done right they are fun. I hope polaris hits the mark on this one, because for a guy like me that rarely gets to the mountains anymore this is a sled I could see myself on. If i rode 6000ft 75% of the time I would consider the turbo, because it would be the better choice.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 9R will out-perform the Boost in the trees. However it will not out-power it. There is a difference.

Sorry Don’t agree.

Wether it’s a open hill, or a hill with trees on it. HP is king and gets the trackspeed spinning faster.
Watching Burants vids his 9R boost is definitely faster that a NA 9R.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I
incorrect!!
I agree Ben and I’m not trying to diss the 900 in anyway because there is definitely a place for it in the market. I think we all saw in the Muskoka videos that Johnny H who is an upper echelon rider struggle to keep up to the 850 turbos in gnarly tree riding. I can’t speak for him but I’m sure he will admit he was overmatched in HP in those vids. He is no slouch but pretty sure if he was on a boost that day he would have been making trail for Matt and Jayden. My opinion anyways.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I

I agree Ben and I’m not trying to diss the 900 in anyway because there is definitely a place for it in the market. I think we all saw in the Muskoka videos that Johnny H who is an upper echelon rider struggle to keep up to the 850 turbos in gnarly tree riding. I can’t speak for him but I’m sure he will admit he was overmatched in HP in those vids. He is no slouch but pretty sure if he was on a boost that day he would have been making trail for Matt and Jayden. My opinion anyways.
Exactly. When you go from 40mph track speed to 55+ mph track speed, things start to get easier. Gets up on snow faster, maintains ground speed longer and allows you some forgiveness if you do hit a tight spot and have to slow right down or stop.

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly. When you go from 40mph track speed to 55+ mph track speed, things start to get easier. Gets up on snow faster, maintains ground speed longer and allows you some forgiveness if you do hit a tight spot and have to slow right down or stop.
With the factory turbo and no lag hesitation... it's the icing on the cake!

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ahh i see. I've never ridden in the trees so that makes sense

You keep saying that in all your posts Chris. How long till Jim gets tired of you bagging on his riding ability and punts you to the curb? Hahah
How is this a reflection on his riding ability? He does well, especially this year with his 40+ days of riding as he has really improved and is much faster now to a point of being hard to follow at times. He likes his turbo 175 but admits that a turbo is not needed where and how we ride. He likes the fun factor of the turbo and that alone is a good reason to want one.

You guys clearly have no idea what I am talking about.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its settled then u need a 9r with a shot
Of go go juice it will get the track speed up and that power bump when you need it lol bring back the bottles boys

cheaper than premium fuel. My heart says yes, but the scattered piston chunks I've left on the mountain over the nitrous years says no

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nitrous is kinda like losing your virginity at an orgy. You’ve spent your load in 3 minutes with a blown piston and then some guy with a turbo spends the rest of the night enjoying himself while you sit on the sidelines…

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A3D936F4-3A3B-49DD-B36B-5F4CDC02EB32.jpeg

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom