I guess we will need a new Matryx 900 section tomorrow?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who else came just for the comments?

I have every confidence that polaris is capable of building a reliable 900cc first year engine.

I'm just here to rile up the doolaid drinkers. It's easy to tell when they get intimidated by the competition, because their keyboard fingers start running faster then their sleds.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What excuse are you going to come up with now? Polaris is lighter, same power, not pregnant on the right side. I guess Doo does have that big flatscreen in the dash so you can watch hockey while waiting for the chopper ride out though.

Now a 900 N/A that will compete well with the turbos in most mountain riding outside of the high elevations in Colorado. No turbo lag, lighter weight, less junk to go wrong.
Polaris being lighter and WAY more power still cant outperform the Doo. they may hold an edge better for beginner sidhillers, and that about it. That is if you can get them far enough up a hill to sidehill before the fuel pump piles up, or the plugs foul, or the voltage regulator heats up, or the throttle sticks bla bla bla.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only on snow and mud can people be praying for a boosted mountain sled for years and then when they finally get one they can’t stop talking about a N/A twin. Good gawd. Carry on lol

thats how you tell they are hardcore fanboys. Just follow their master and ignore the numbers LOL

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im happy with my decision to snag a 154 expert for next year was a little nervous was gunna wait for polaris but in the end im happy, i hope polaris cleans up there low end turbo lag/boost its sloppy doo is more crisp for the total powerband, if polaris s 900 holds up def be a option in the future looking forward to seeing them next year on the snow love the looks of the polaris tho they do look sharp now whats cat gunna do?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only on snow and mud can people be praying for a boosted mountain sled for years and then when they finally get one they can’t stop talking about a N/A twin. Good gawd. Carry on lol

Why you gotta bring logic into this?

Besides a 180hp turbo 2-stroke was last years news, if you're part of the right club that is.

Seriously though I miss N/A sleds, boost is fun and all but having a responsive machine that winds out the second you push the throttle is fun too. As the boost keeps getting turned up on both Poo and Doo owners will start to understand what real turbo lag is like. At 180hp most guys probably won't notice the lag much, but if they get pushed to 200hp, especially on pump fuel, it will become more apparent.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_0236.jpg

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well in terms of racing, the 900 makes sense. The 850 would be in 900 anyway, so pop the mill, and get the edge over the competition.
I actually expected doo to do it first.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2900$ charge for the 900.....252$ per HP Sea Level
4400$ charge for the boost....292$ per HP Sea Level

2900$ charge for the 900.....252$ per HP 8000ft
4400$ charge for the boost....125$ per HP 8000ft

really don't see the value in the 900 if you ride at elevation

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2900$ charge for the 900.....252$ per HP Sea Level
4400$ charge for the boost....292$ per HP Sea Level

2900$ charge for the 900.....252$ per HP 8000ft
4400$ charge for the boost....125$ per HP 8000ft

really don't see the value in the 900 if you ride at elevation
Meanwhile Narona is on youtube with an impact driver telling everyone who'll listen how easy it is to remove the g5 hood and you're on here talking up the new quick change axel .... Too funny

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile Narona is on youtube with an impact driver telling everyone who'll listen how easy it is to remove the g5 hood and you're on here talking up the new quick change axel .... Too funny

180hp at elevation with the turbo skidoo you don't really have anyone denying it has the best power to weight ratio so may aswell talk about the other great features that were added that weren't advertised as much

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
900 engine is cool to see.

Is it a game changer, time will tell. The Polaris vs skidoo equivalent Model is only 10lbs lighter, that’s not really game changing.

The engine better deliver the goods as a NA model.

Top Bottom