I feel dirty but I rode a Polaris boost matryx

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
70 kph track speed . Lol are u sure it had a turbo .

before we get carried away what's everyone getting on their NA 850 machines? i know 70 sounds low but this is maximum load sustained track speed. i was riding at 6500ft. So i am making roughly 32 more HP than a stock 850 at that elevation. That is a 20% increase in power which means i should be making 20% more track speed. So on an NA 850 you should see 56 Km/h on that day in that snow fully loaded with a 165" track. Obviously as you get closer to 8000ft the turbo will stay at 70 km/h and the NA will keep dropping.

These machines were in breakin, i recall my trackspeeds last year on identical sled were closer to 75......after i did some clutching more like 78-80.....

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we weighed my buddies matryx 165 non turbo full of fluids and it was 530lbs with a lightweight battery installed
Wow that is good for a sled with the heavy old style e-start. I thought the motor, ring gear and wiring weighed 25 lbs already before the battery??

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Electric start is 17# on Poo with regular battery.
I would believe 560# with electric start.
16# penalty over Shot.
Nope, I weighed my battery on my 2015 and it alone was over 17# The batteries on the Polaris are much bigger than Doo used before Shot.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i forgot to mention the boost doesnt really make any cool whistly psshhh sounds........to me thats what actually makes me feel like im going fast........The sound that comes out of the muffler though on a hard pull is pretty dang cool though. Sounds like a lot of pressure coming out.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking what happened to you? If you don't want to say anything please don't
Hey Lucky7 … it’s a touchy subject with people. I got COVID pneumonia delta variant real bad unfortunately in coma for 31 days brought me back 3 times, 61 days in ICU & 14 days in general so it’s been a long haul with ridiculous post Covid syndromes. My good friend and I got it same time & place he died 7 days into coma so it’s been traumatic for sure.
I understand this is way off topic of thread so sorry for that. Currently at home with only 49% of lungs so long road ahead.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Lucky7 … it’s a touchy subject with people. I got COVID pneumonia delta variant real bad unfortunately in coma for 31 days brought me back 3 times, 61 days in ICU & 14 days in general so it’s been a long haul with ridiculous post Covid syndromes. My good friend and I got it same time & place he died 7 days into coma so it’s been traumatic for sure.
I understand this is way off topic of thread so sorry for that. Currently at home with only 49% of lungs so long road ahead.
Do I dare ask if you have any advice for the rest of us?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i forgot to mention the boost doesnt really make any cool whistly psshhh sounds........to me thats what actually makes me feel like im going fast........The sound that comes out of the muffler though on a hard pull is pretty dang cool though. Sounds like a lot of pressure coming out.

What sound is that again?!?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also rode a 165 summit X turbo this weekend. First doo that I have rode since the rev chassis.
Had 2.8 km on it still in break in mode. Was a great ride and a good time. I have had multiple aftermarket turbo sleds including the 4 stroke Yamaha and other two stroke turbos and various turbo kits. I have to say that the doo has literally zero turbo lag! Snappy and crisp right off the start. I could not believe it. I let other loyal doo riders try it and they could not believe it either or how much they enjoyed it. They were riding the same sled only N/A.
The only thing I had a problem getting used to at first was the T motion, but that is just me.
Best weekend I had in quite some time.
I will be trying the new turbo Polaris when one comes available to make a fair comparison.

Jared is saying you are going to be buying a turbo doo.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. The reason I was wondering is I thought maybe you had cancer or something of that nature. I never suspected Covid. I'm a cancer survivor and know that some folks that get cancer like to talk to survivor's of it. I truly hope you fully recover from Covid. Also sorry about getting off the main topic.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. The reason I was wondering is I thought maybe you had cancer or something of that nature. I never suspected Covid. I'm a cancer survivor and know that some folks that get cancer like to talk to survivor's of it. I truly hope you fully recover from Covid. Also sorry about getting off the main topic.

honestly, i never expexcted this to stay on topic past post #1. So we are already way ahead of expected projections. Good work all, discuss what you wish. LOL

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I’m glad you’re on the other side Lucky 7

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jared is saying you are going to be buying a turbo doo.
One never knows, but I will be trying a Polaris Matryx boost before I decide.
Wonder why they did not have a 175” 174” option?
I was impressed with the power and throttle response of 2022, 165 summit X turbo this weekend in Revelstoke.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I'm glad too. When you get feeling better and just feeling like riding even if its a easy ride up to the cabins pm me.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Much respect for your openess and so very sorry for your loss man. Thoughts for as quick of a recovery as you can hope for.

RIP to all our friends who've passed.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One never knows, but I will be trying a Polaris Matryx boost before I decide.
Wonder why they did not have a 175” 174” option?
I was impressed with the power and throttle response of 2022, 165 summit X turbo this weekend in Revelstoke.

I got a buddy that works at cycle works and he said they have a hard time selling the 174. Maybe they just don’t sell enough

Top Bottom