I feel dirty but I rode a Polaris boost matryx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
70 kph track speed . Lol are u sure it had a turbo .

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Ski Doo turbo 165 is 572 rtr and the polaris boost 165 is 560 rtr. only 12 pounds difference.
On the Polaris site it says it weighs 447lbs dry. It holds 66 lbs of fuel. That totals 513 lbs. with fuel. I am having a hard time accepting it holds 47 lbs of coolant injector oil and shock oil?? Maybe 525 lb RTR would be more realistic? That is still 35 lbs difference and that number includes 5.6 litres more fuel (4.2 lbs.) than Doo.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the Polaris site it says it weighs 447lbs dry. It holds 66 lbs of fuel. That totals 513 lbs. with fuel. I am having a hard time accepting it holds 47 lbs of coolant injector oil and shock oil?? Maybe 525 lb RTR would be more realistic? That is still 35 lbs difference and that number includes 5.6 litres more fuel (4.2 lbs.) than Doo.

Maybe 560 is with electric start and 5.6 liters is actually about 9#.
And maybe 560 is Doo math.

Either way it is not nearly the difference there is in what some riders do weigh and should weigh.
Me included.

Might need another weigh off - for the sleds just to be clear.

Besides, if Max said another brand is good YOU KNOW it's pretty Gawd Dam really good!

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe 560 is with electric start and 5.6 liters is actually about 9#.
And maybe 560 is Doo math.

Either way it is not nearly the difference there is in what some riders do weigh and should weigh.
Me included.

Might need another weigh off - for the sleds just to be clear.

Besides, if Max said another brand is good YOU KNOW it's pretty Gawd Dam really good!

Yes I was looking at kg's for the fuel weight. Thanks for catching that.

Yes Maxwell had to bow pretty low to admit this. But it is his first step to owning one. ;)

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we weighed my buddies matryx 165 non turbo full of fluids and it was 530lbs with a lightweight battery installed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a guy that had a boost 165 that weighed it ready to ride, full of fuel and oils, he said it was 560 pounds. you can speculate all you want. i don`t think he would lie.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a guy that had a boost 165 that weighed it ready to ride, full of fuel and oils, he said it was 560 pounds. you can speculate all you want. i don`t think he would lie.
Electric start is 17# on Poo with regular battery.
I would believe 560# with electric start.
16# penalty over Shot.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really appreciate the honest ride report Maxwell as I enjoy reading facts makes for good use of the forum & my time.
Wish I could ride this year…. look forward to more information
Cheers :beerchug:🍻.
Hey good to see you on the forums again bud! You be home for Christmas?

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL. Shot starts a deal breaker for me, watching the owner pull the rope 3 times every time really wore me out.
You got that right Shot is the best. The 2022 turbo 165 I rode all weekend is a Missile hard to be a turbo doo on the hill and Nice to see you this weekend Maxwell your 100% right with the Turbo doo

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also rode a 165 summit X turbo this weekend. First doo that I have rode since the rev chassis.
Had 2.8 km on it still in break in mode. Was a great ride and a good time. I have had multiple aftermarket turbo sleds including the 4 stroke Yamaha and other two stroke turbos and various turbo kits. I have to say that the doo has literally zero turbo lag! Snappy and crisp right off the start. I could not believe it. I let other loyal doo riders try it and they could not believe it either or how much they enjoyed it. They were riding the same sled only N/A.
The only thing I had a problem getting used to at first was the T motion, but that is just me.
Best weekend I had in quite some time.
I will be trying the new turbo Polaris when one comes available to make a fair comparison.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You bet Ken… get to see my kids again nothing like dying 3 times and able to be home for turkey with family! It’s been hell of a journey.
Keep up the fight brutha! See you on the hill soon!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Matryx Boost MODERATE DETONATION DETECTED

I’ve only got about 15 miles on it but I keep getting this “moderate detonation detection” warning banner whenever I hit about 40-50 miles an hour. I’ve barely ridden it nor had the terrain to open it up much. Any thoughts on what that could be? Thanks in advance.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I’ve only got about 15 miles on it but I keep getting this “moderate detonation detection” warning banner whenever I hit about 40-50 miles an hour. I’ve barely ridden it nor had the terrain to open it up much. Any thoughts on what that could be? Thanks in advance.

Where did you fuel it up at? Any other sleds running the same fuel having issues?

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You bet Ken… get to see my kids again nothing like dying 3 times and able to be home for turkey with family! It’s been hell of a journey.
If you don't mind me asking what happened to you? If you don't want to say anything please don't

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Bad or loose knock sensor ?

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry Sean, I had to...
ricky meme.jpg

Top Bottom