Hey Maxwell!

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Luke, you back pedalled and basically said the Doo should have to be penalized in HP calculations due to their weight.... that IMO is silly

an industry standardized HP to weight calculation between 3 and 8 lol... thats kinda like saying 60% of the time it 100% works like this.

They don't know how much HP a top fuel car makes... but they estimate around 10,000 hp, that's the sales pitch anyways....

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here’s your logic in reverse math.
155 hp doo turbo
169 hp poo
we know the doo turbo doesn’t lose power so let’s keep it at 165 hp instead. So your saying the poo feels like 14 hp more.
165 hp doo turbo
183 hp poo
so when you look at the numbers now doo they make sense? The poo does not feel like 183 hp at 7000’
Beep beep.

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sixty-Percent-of-the-Time.jpg :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No it “feels” like more hp. In today’s world it’s all about feelings. Dyno numbers are racist and hurt feelings. Dyno numbers usually discriminate against Cat owners but now have moved onto Polaris owners as well.

Scales hurt feelings too, more so than dyno numbers. But who cares about dry weight. Wet weight is where is at, and I can put alot of PBR mass in my belly.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys are hilarious. Ya'll will spend thousands of dollars to go lightweight anything, with the assumption that saving weight is equivalent to gaining HP as well as improving handling. Yet, a 50lb extra fat doo is no big deal, using terms like "it has a better centre of mass" or "the weight isn't noticeable when you ride it". lol

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys are hilarious. Ya'll will spend thousands of dollars to go lightweight anything, with the assumption that saving weight is equivalent to gaining HP as well as improving handling. Yet, a 50lb extra fat doo is no big deal, using terms like "it has a better centre of mass" or "the weight isn't noticeable when you ride it". lol

Sounds like a bunch of Yamaha riders LOL we live by those words!

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With these calculations my Turbo makes 123 hp with me on it. Lmao!
HeY there young FeLLa don't get me started fellow citizen lol ... I play nice ... HoT CHocoLaTE !!! dam its cold !! Hahaa no worries... but I did crunch the numbers on the 155 hp theorY from snoWTraxXx and it doesn't add up but iTs a great story from snoWTraxXx to start a conversation and yes we understand the way they did the math calculations ... Dazed and confused ... Led Zeppelin would be proud .. I wiLL post in a biT jusT watching the BacHeLoR ... beeP beeP !!! Roses are red violets are blue I sure wish snowTraxXx would come ONback and talk about the Doo Doo !!! and what's all the hype about a LiTTLE old RmK Pro Poo Poo !!! ... mr MaxXxWeLL will u accepT the last rose oF the KniGHT from LonGHairFReaK ... o don't be SiLLy LHF u had me aT HeY...Lmao... the bacheloreTTe would be Proud... HaHaa ... All in good fun fellas... ok as garrett states its better to have a bigger turboo wiT smaller housing { guTS }... then a smaller turbo wiT bigger housing thats the facT... ok please remember ski Doo size 8 hp TuRBoo wiT size 5 housing {guTs] so 8~ 5 = 1.60 ratio and is within the threshold of volumetric eFFicencY for maximum TuRBoo performance on a sled... QuesTion: is the 1.60 ratio the NeWstandard for sled turboos ?? Hmmm !!! ... so now looking at a stock 850 motor/TuRBoO making 155 hp wiT turboo compensating hp... there are only 2 options with 2 combinations of turbo/housings... 1sT combination... size 7 hp TuRBoo wiT 5.5 housing so 7/5.5 =1.27 ratio and makes 38.5hp of compensating hp and total hp is 156.5 wiT 8000ft settings...stock 850 motor 118hp of non compensating hp at 8000 ft u get the JisT of this... I'm just crunching the numbers handed to me ... hmmm.. volumetric efficiency is in question... 1.27 ratio for being to TiGHT compared to the standard 1.60 ratio and also making a ToTaL of 156.5 hp... compared to 155hp claimed in the Video... beeP !! beeP !!... now combination 2... size 5 hp turboo wiT 7.5 housing so 5/7.5=.666666 yes looks like your running wiT the deviL... thanks van halen riP eddY.. ok ozone focus winkK !! winkK !! ... but sTiLL making 156.5hp with 8000ft settings ...anYhoo here again this volumetric efficiency is in QuesTion .666666 ratio for now being verY TiGHT going this waY... QuesTioN: at what elevation does the 155 hp snowTraxXx PuMPKiN turn bacK into the 165 hp SexXxY STRiPaReLLA factory ski -Doo TuRBoo that she is ...5000ft ?? huh !!.. pam anderson would be proud ALOHA !!.. noW thats a poweR top with a sTaR fish boTToM... MeeoW!!! ok fellas focus or did snowTraxXx have a bag of GoLd maTrYxXx DusT in there pocket and there just haPPy ta chaT wiT us..PoSsibiliTY DeFeaTeD... BuT iTs aLL Good... buT all in all i like and think snowTraxXx is doing a good job aT stirring the pot and this leads to consumers to engage in constructive conversation ... BWHAAAAAA O ZoNE as kimrick wood saY !!! ... BLa !! BLa !! BLa !! as sTeVe TV used to say wiT a laugh... iTs all just good stuff going forward !! we are sledders !!! remember 1.60 ratio is this the standard for volumetric efficiency when ya talking about sled turbooS... eh !! huh !!! please prove me wronG ... ALoHA !! HeYman ski doo turboo 468lbs DrY wiT 165 hp... Hmmm !! caper11 at 175lbs... snoPro i could crunch the weight ta power ratios hahaaa !!!... but we saVe that for another daY... CheeRs !!! hoT chocolate wiT marshmallowS and puMPKiN PiE for everybody courtesy of snowTraxXx ... HecKLE n JecKLE would be Proud Ka- KawW !! Ka- KawW !!! noW thaTs a loTa CRoW ... much respecT all around ... KooLBeaNs 15,881 views feb 8

Last edited:
Top Bottom