I wonder if Maxwell is squealing like a stuck pig?

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HeYman i think they dude that already , please check my post where I talk about hp gains n loss es at elevation for the 850, 900 , 950 , 1000 from sea LeVeL to 11,000 Ft along wiT a BoLT on performance pIpe ... WhaTs this magneT TeTHeR cord sTuff all about and how does iT. Compare to your tether cord seT uP .. Much respecT all around

The magnetic tether works if its hooked up. It is simply a magnet on the end of a cord that holds the reed switch open on the socket connected to the sled. For some guys its all about if the sled HAS or HASN'T a tether and that's the end of the story. But the story is really about the percentage of guys that do not like wearing the tether, forget to hook it up or simply are too lazy to hook it up. Then there are parents that worry that their kids won't hook up the tether. The corded tether can also be a pain in extremely technical terrain as you may be on and off your sled several times in a very short time. The Phantom Laser Teth-Air is automatic and features shut down on roll over or loss of control of the sled while the track is spinning as it monitors if the riders hand is on the throttle side grip with the laser. Both sensors have a user adjustable time down before shutdown at 0.5-3 seconds.

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[/B]

The magnetic tether works if its hooked up. It is simply a magnet on the end of a cord that holds the reed switch open on the socket connected to the sled. For some guys its all about if the sled HAS or HASN'T a tether and that's the end of the story. But the story is really about the percentage of guys that do not like wearing the tether, forget to hook it up or simply are too lazy to hook it up. Then there are parents that worry that their kids won't hook up the tether. The corded tether can also be a pain in extremely technical terrain as you may be on and off your sled several times in a very short time. The Phantom Laser Teth-Air is automatic and features shut down on roll over or loss of control of the sled while the track is spinning as it monitors if the riders hand is on the throttle side grip with the laser. Both sensors have a user adjustable time down before shutdown at 0.5-3 seconds.
ok sounds good... HeYman... i LiKe ThaT ... how does 1 go abouT installing... The PHaNTOM LaseR TeTH -aiR and how dooo we find this producT...???... asking for a friend ..

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok sounds good... HeYman... i LiKe ThaT ... how does 1 go abouT installing... The PHaNTOM LaseR TeTH -aiR and how dooo we find this producT...???... asking for a friend ..

I have a bunch of friends in our group that ride doos and have the Phantom on their sleds. Both the turbos and N/A's. It simply plugs into the speed sensor wiring and one wire connects to the red kill switch wire. The corded tether is not bypassed and still works as a security key.

http://www.sourceinnovations.ca/product/phantom-teth-air/

There are detailed instructions on the website too.

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a bunch of friends in our group that ride doos and have the Phantom on their sleds. Both the turbos and N/A's. It simply plugs into the speed sensor wiring and one wire connects to the red kill switch wire. The corded tether is not bypassed and still works as a security key.

http://www.sourceinnovations.ca/product/phantom-teth-air/

There are detailed instructions on the website too.
kooL ... Question in regards to the connection wires ... Doo they haVe to bee HaRD wired .. Xample spliced together then spidered and then meshed and then SaW -eR- Eddie van halen sTyLe ... And appLy Saskatchewan Chrome ( ducT - TaPE ) lmao .. And then perform a shoc N Ahhh teSTconcerT .. Lmao !! .. Or is iT PluG n plaY .. Asking for a friend ... Muc respecT on this maTTer .. TeTh - aiR .. Please go - aHead your upPpP .. No rush .. Tom Sawyer would be proud !! beeP winkK !! WinkKy !! beeP !! beeP !!

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kooL ... Question in regards to the connection wires ... Doo they haVe to bee HaRD wired .. Xample spliced together then spidered and then meshed and then SaW -eR- Eddie van halen sTyLe ... And appLy Saskatchewan Chrome ( ducT - TaPE ) lmao .. And then perform a shoc N Ahhh teSTconcerT .. Lmao !! .. Or is iT PluG n plaY .. Asking for a friend ... Muc respecT on this maTTer .. TeTh - aiR .. Please go - aHead your upPpP .. No rush .. Tom Sawyer would be proud !! beeP winkK !! WinkKy !! beeP !! beeP !!

For Ski-doo our harness just plugs in with OEM connectors but the kill wire is the only one that clips on to the black/yellow wire from the red kill switch, with a Scotch lock type connector. About as close to "plug and play" as you could expect with no factory open connector for other tether options.

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He ain’t squealing he’s laughing his fawkn azz off lol.

A Doo turbo in our group is going in to the BRP hospital today as we think it has Covid. It goes "cough, cough, sputter, sputter". The second Doo in our group to have suspected fuel pump issues in a couple weeks. The dealer said 6 others were down when we took the last one in. They blamed the fuel so it cost my buddy $600. This one has been getting fuel from Shell station and the other the local marina who have Mohawk gas pumps.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A Doo turbo in our group is going in to the BRP hospital today as we think it has Covid. It goes "cough, cough, sputter, sputter". The second Doo in our group to have suspected fuel pump issues in a couple weeks. The dealer said 6 others were down when we took the last one in. They blamed the fuel so it cost my buddy $600. This one has been getting fuel from Shell station and the other the local marina who have Mohawk gas pumps.

Mohawk....ethanol fuel.....last time I put ethanol in a turbo it was a $4500 motor rebuild.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mohawk....ethanol fuel.....last time I put ethanol in a turbo it was a $4500 motor rebuild.
What was the reason? Ethanol by itself doesn't cause motors to go down. The octane is still there.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this perplexes me as well. E85 is loved by boosted vehicles with DI... But they need a sensor to accommodate the actual E content and tunes accordingly... maybe that's it?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK.......has anyone actually "tested" the fuel? Oil is cheap to process and ethanol is expensive. Fuels only have to contain "up to" a percentage but many many many many times, they have no ethanol in them at the pump. Often times its not the fuel. The ethanol attracts moisture and it will accumulate at the bottom of the tank so you need to use something Startron or equivalent. Just due to poor fuel quality everywhere these days, I've been running a splash of methyl hydrate or seafoam in each tank. Its super cheap insurance. If a dealer told me it was fuel I would demand that they test my fuel right in front of me.

Here's a link for anyone who wants to test the alcohol content of fuel if you are questioning it. Bet you didn't know it was just that easy..... You don't need a graduated beaker to do a field test, a bottle with a line on it about 1/2" from the bottom does just fine. Just fill the water up to that line and then pour in your gas. Shake and wait. If the separation is above the line after you wait, the fuel has ethanol in it. If you want to get scientific to determine the percentage, you can get the Briggs and Stratton one from the local lawnmower store for $4 I think.

https://www.delphiautoparts.com/gbr/en/resource-center/how-test-alcohol-content-gasoline

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What was the reason? Ethanol by itself doesn't cause motors to go down. The octane is still there.

That is what I thought, it was 94 Petrocan fuel.
Builder told me no ethanol with the head and turbo

Did not make sense to me either but was a bit cornered to argue.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is what I thought, it was 94 Petrocan fuel.
Builder told me no ethanol with the head and turbo

Did not make sense to me either but was a bit cornered to argue.
Yup last engine I took out happened 20min after I filled up at a petrocan for the first time.

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive been running 94 petro in my turbo all season and it runs great on it. As modman says, how do you know there is ethanol in it if you dont test for it. I highly doubt there is ethanol on winter fuel. Ethanol causes hard starting in the winter. The pumps say, “may contain ethanol”.

My brother actually mixes ethanol in his snobike engine cause the tune he has requires ethanol. Every test done in revy did not have ethanol in the fuel.

Last edited:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ive been running 94 petro in my turbo all season and it runs great on it. As modman says, how do you know there is ethanol in it if you dont test for it. I highly doubt there is ethanol on winter fuel. Ethanol causes hard starting in the winter. The pumps say, “may contain ethanol”.

Till she pops lol

fixx

Reaction score
I talked to the local petro can dealer and he said 91 octane will not have ethanol...... but be ware 94 does have ethanol ... maybe not every time but it is formulated with it in there

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked to the local petro can dealer and he said 91 octane will not have ethanol...... but be ware 94 does have ethanol ... maybe not every time but it is formulated with it in there

I guess he does not know his fuel or the regulations.
All fuels are formulated to have it. You can grab supreme and it may be in there. The engine is designed to run 10% mix. Unless you actually test the gas, you will never know when it will have it.

Do we put ethanol in our Petro‑Canada gas?

Yes, all of our grades of gas, including our Ultra 94 high octane fuel , contain up to 10% ethanol content. This is required by federal and provincial regulations.

Refer to your owner’s manual or manufacturer to ensure your lawnmower, chainsaw or other equipment is compatible with ethanol-blended gas, or for tips on how to preserve your engine.

https://www.petro-canada.ca/en/personal/fuel/gas

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, all of our grades of gas, including our Ultra 94 high octane fuel , contain up to 10% ethanol content. This is required by federal and provincial regulations.

Not true.
Shell V-power: 0% all across Canada. Listed on their website.
Chevron 94 (in BC): Advertised ethanol free right at the pump.
Co-op (and Tempo) premium and marked premium: Ethanol free according an article on their website and the distribution manager. I called and asked. Only asked about BC, not other provinces.

As far as I can tell, all others (Petro-can, Esso, Mohawk) may contain in all grades.

Top Bottom