I wonder if Maxwell is squealing like a stuck pig?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not true.
Shell V-power: 0% all across Canada. Listed on their website.
Chevron 94 (in BC): Advertised ethanol free right at the pump.
Co-op (and Tempo) premium and marked premium: Ethanol free according an article on their website and the distribution manager. I called and asked. Only asked about BC, not other provinces.

As far as I can tell, all others (Petro-can, Esso, Mohawk) may contain in all grades.

I was talking about petro Canada fuels as per the topic.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I only ever use Petro 91. Always avoid 94 and havent had an issue yet

Like me, you keep your sleds in an enclosed, with snow dripping off and high humidity in the trailer after a ride and still no issues. I do the best I can to get them dry quickly, but still use a splash of seafoam / gas line antifreeze just in case.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mohawk....ethanol fuel.....last time I put ethanol in a turbo it was a $4500 motor rebuild.

Both the stations have premium that is not supposed to have ethanol. The only common denominator is the brand of sled here as the other 6 were farther away and would have filled at other locations. Not a brand bash here as my buddies 2020 Polaris is on its 3rd fuel pump because they were whining and he was worried about it. I was wondering if a new supplier got into the market and supplied both BRP and Polaris with crappy pumps?

Last edited:

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Build your sled to run AV gas then you have no issues.

What LHF said, I have picked up my third (hopefully last) slip tank of AV gas for sleds today for this season. I’ve paid from $1.18 (November) to $1.31 today per litre. It’s generally not priced much higher than premium. I’ve run two stroke turbos since 2011, have had 0 motor issues running AV. All Polaris engines as well, if you can imagine!!! Lol

Top Bottom