Hey Maxwell!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where's the bolt on plastic paddle extensions? Had florescent pink pair on a Blizzard. Would spit snow out the back a mile high and mile long. Great pics!!

LOL yeah, used to have an old video on VHS of Wayne Mcarthy (I think it was anyway?) up Meadow on his 900 T-cat with 3" plastic in the springtime. It literally had a rooster about 150 -200 ft long.
- thumbs and hands sore for 2 days from pushing hundreds of t-nuts and drilling holes through my track
- getting rained on by massive snow chunks everytime someone passed you on the trail
- we first tried full track width paddles but quickly found out how much the track actually flexes as it rolls over the drivers. the vibration felt like you had a Panzer track rolling around down there. Cutting them in 1/2 was the only solution but meant more holes and bolts.
- Always scared for the hill help getting in the way of those paddles on the mod sleds. Some guys had the grass drag paddles (2" extruded aluminum angle with pointed tips) interdispersed in their track patterns when they first came out. Like trying to stop a 200 HP wood chipper travelling at 60 mph. Yeah no thanks - your sled can roll to the bottom.....I'm keeping my arms
- I remember coming down the trail at Midslope riding back to truck - 2" plastic and no screws. Hit an icy patch on one of the switchbacks and did 2 donuts in the middle of the trail. Super lucky no one else was close behind or it would have been ugly as I wound up broadside in the middle of the trail and still never figured out how it stayed on the trail and didnt wind up 200 ft down the bank. Went home, changed my undies and installed screws.

Those pics? I burnt them while trying to sear the nightmares from my mind.....LOL

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back then I think 133 was the biggest track, maybe 136

I went into the shop at work then and shaved off all the rubber bars on the track before I installed the two or 1” or what ever size I could get, though I would save 5 lbs

Used a grinder on it and got rubber all over the walls, and the smoke was terrible, boss made me repaint and clean that thing for weeks it felt

That was back between 86 to 1990.. but it was all worth it in the deep, that 500 Indy was a show stopper... lol till the ride out at the end of day with paddles come off every time I went to fast

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The first track that I paddled was a 1980 SS440 Yamaha. After I long tracked it from a 117 to a 121. Lol.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back then I think 133 was the biggest track, maybe 136

I went into the shop at work then and shaved off all the rubber bars on the track before I installed the two or 1” or what ever size I could get, though I would save 5 lbs

Used a grinder on it and got rubber all over the walls, and the smoke was terrible, boss made me repaint and clean that thing for weeks it felt

That was back between 86 to 1990.. but it was all worth it in the deep, that 500 Indy was a show stopper... lol till the ride out at the end of day with paddles come off every time I went to fast
Did you have a satellite dish for a hood like the rest of the Brooks crew?

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you have a satellite dish for a hood like the rest of the Brooks crew?

I ran the stock hood and on hot days would remove the hood completely.. don’t remember the pipe, but had a aftermarket of some kind...

Greischuck(spelling) Poo dealer in the pass had a piped rxl and that was the ass kicker I remember, Emily his blond wife could not stop talking about it every time I was there

Also went riding with your mechanic Ken.. I think his name was terry and he was riding with the Alberta wheat pool Afsc guy.. Doug

Would be 1987 about, we went down and crossed the flathead river into the USA from Corbin.. had a few drinks at Bobs border bar.. terry had a doo and got his primary wet and was stuck in the middle of the low level river.. we sat at the banks and threw him a rope.. lol

Had to drive back soak and wet.. have a few pictures if it somewhere

Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How I got into skidoo was Dave’s 50/50 cash pool that he made you have a store credit if you won..

It was a Long hard night of drinking at his Christmas party 1990 and only 100 tickets available.. came down to the last three tickets and I split winnings with one guy, if we were to won, other guy said No...very next name was me and I was out, then the other guy that said no.. and I won 50 percent of the kitty.. woo hoo

Dave got me and Denis Come a 480mxz that was limited edition coming out, it was a lighter new chaise

We yanked out the motor and doo had 670 motors first year you could buy from race department, so we threw one of them in, m10 skid and some two inch Simmons paddles on a 144 track.. sled was amazing for traction and power compared to others.. one proud guy

Less than two months later I took it up a shoot in Corbin and rolled thenbitcccch, wrote it off, in ****ty snow

Had to be the worst day of my youth..lol but I had insurance and did it all over again a few months latter

Starting to now realize where all my money went

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran the stick hood and on hot days would remove the hood completely.. don’t remember the pipe m, but had a aftermarket of some kind...

Greischuck(spelling) Poo dealer in the pass had a piped rxl and that was the ass kicker I remember, Emily his blond wife could not stop talking about it every time I was there

Also went riding with your mechanic Ken.. I think his name was terry and he was riding with the Alberta wheat pool Afsc guy.. Doug

Would be 1987 about, we went down and crossed the flathead river into the USA from Corbin.. had a few drinks at Bobs border bar.. terry had a doo and got his primary wet and was stuck in the middle of the low level river.. we sat at the banks and threw him a rope.. lol

Had to drive back soak and wet.. have a few pictures if it somewhere
Terry Youde. Crazy guy. I believe they crossed the border a few times. Especially when they rode in Creston as well. Good times back then.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
32d3f06281f9d2fb601945d28180fc6d.jpg

Tried to look terry up on Facebook Ken, was that him? Can’t remember what he looked like

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man!! There’s nothing like those kinda guyz that ride in straight lines every where they go, Evan deeep powder can’t stop them from doing it...wOw!!, straight-UP-kinda lines lol��
6FD7654E-8942-4A09-BB57-FE8476E1DA71.jpeg

Top Bottom