G5 - What’s the difference from a G4

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I was at Riderz today and looked over a G4 and G5 sitting side by side. Suspension front and rear looks the same and bulkhead mounting points look the same. I even read a post here that someone who damaged the bulkhead on their G5 found out they can use a G4 bulkhead. So other than the narrower plastics and ninja turtles headlights, what are the significant differences ? Ya, I’m doing a little pot stirring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
B55CE4EE-43D1-429D-8823-9932803A1E47.gif

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I was at Riderz today and looked over a G4 and G5 sitting side by side. Suspension front and rear looks the same and bulkhead mounting points look the same. I even read a post here that someone who damaged the bulkhead on their G5 found out they can use a G4 bulkhead. So other than the narrower plastics and ninja turtles headlights, what are the significant differences ? Ya, I’m doing a little pot stirring

yes pretty much the same chassis, im having my 23 s module replaced with the 22 model right now. pulls harder than a g4, narrower plastics, belt clutch cover works great for keeping clutches clean and cool besides the crappy vent design that might rip off if hit right. But ya suspension and tunnel is the same. But go ride a g5 and then jump on a g4 and tell me u dont want the G5!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Suspension has more travel front and back.
Narrower running boards
Added motor mounts, better jack shaft support, changed some stuff in the chaincase to change tracks more efficiently. Different track
Different head to add more boost and keep detonation down.
Better look and skinnier plastic

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Front arm in the skid is flatter angle, and not just narrower boards but the overall machine width at the footwells is supposedly 3" less than the G4. There's a good youtube vid if you search G4 vs G5.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Every model change, same thing, if you don't want one, don't ride one, you can NOT make a g4 a G5, no matter how much you try, the gen 5 is like a new hot girlfriend and the G4 just became that chubby girl you once dated but are trying to forget....even if you ride with gen5 it wont take you long to trade in and up!!

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bottom line , more power , narrower plastic better primary clutch . If skinz was still around a g4 could be a g5 . Xp to Xm . Better? Definitely. If it has the same bulkhead it’s pretty much the same chassis . Love the idea of a heavier primary. 180 hp out of the box at elevation will make a sheet of plywood look good

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely not the same sled, lots of difference between the two. The rear suspension is not the same, engine is different as well as the emodule, and tunnel. List goes on.

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not really . Old style Xp Style rear scissor. You surely know if the bulkhead is the same everything else is just minor details. Hp will make anything .
smile

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Umm ok 🤪

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not just the plastics that make it narrower, the chassis itself is narrower at the footwells

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s better. It has to be. BRP needs to sell sleds lol
Truth is, every manufacturer improves on their product line, and in turn the price goes up...

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let's hear it? I'm sure we can have an interesting conversation when you get back from Revy. :gossip:

We will.

In short my brother G4 turbo is with us and the G4 according to my brother feels like a tank when he rode it for 10 min yesterday.

Top Bottom