Deals at the Sled Show?

CrankShop910

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need all new gear, jacket, pants and boots, if it was going to be full retail I will give my money to a local dealer.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you got something on your nose there...brownish...

no. its just the truth. they blow out massive amounts of inventory that weekend. hence why there is 10,000 people in the outerwear booth. all day.

i buy tons of stuff every year from a few different vendors. its mostly all full retail on the NEW stuff.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am just getting into the sport and wanted to know if it is worth it to wait until the upcoming sled show to get all the gear or not. Are there usually any deals that are actually worth it?
Good luck from the moment u turn of the street every corner some one has there hand out parking admission and then shoulder to shoulder peps, you get better deals at the dealership way to commercialized for my liking.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who cares if it's last years or two year? It's still new, still has warranty, and unless it's as pink as Tex's jacket it will still be in style. At least that's my take.

Hey.

F u there.

U and Ur extra fat kid pants.

U could fit 2 hot blondes in them. One in each leg.

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For gear You have much better chance finding good deals on non average size items. Eg Xxl and larger and medium and smaller. Same as you will see on eBay. Not much for deals to be found if you are joe average sizes IMO. The advantage i see is you can compare your brand options all in one place and really get a feel for what you like and fits best.

Being XXXlarge does pay off at times :D

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Good luck from the moment u turn of the street every corner some one has there hand out parking admission and then shoulder to shoulder peps, you get better deals at the dealership way to commercialized for my liking.

It is what it is! A person has two choices; go or stay away!

Think about this scenario for a couple seconds. The dealer pays mega bucks for a booth(s), he pays for parking (this I know because I work a booth and pay each day), he sometimes has to pay extra staff, and all the time to get stock there, displayed and that which doesn't sell back to the store, and he still has all the overhead of keeping his store open.

I would think it would be a tough way to make a buck but a necessity of doing business.....:d

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those shows are for the consumers more than the dealers. Yes the dealers get rid of stuff that has been sitting around but with the ridiculous booth costs and giving the product away they can't be making a ton of money. They may be better off taking that sportswear to the Salvation Army. Lol.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think they should find a less expensive location. It would be win win. Do it in Red Deer at the agriplex or something. Free parking, lower costs for the exhibitors, better deals for cheapskates like me!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no. its just the truth. they blow out massive amounts of inventory that weekend. hence why there is 10,000 people in the outerwear booth. all day.

i buy tons of stuff every year from a few different vendors. its mostly all full retail on the NEW stuff.

Does this year's sled have another big "MARTIN MOTORSPORTS" sticker on the side like last years? LMAO

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does this year's sled have another big "MARTIN MOTORSPORTS" sticker on the side like last years? LMAO

Not a sticker man that is a high quality wrap. Get your facts straight.

I don't make any money from them so go buy your stuff somewhere more expensive I guess lmao. Sorry for letting you know where there is a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Does the presence of good deals at one booth categorically eliminate the possibility of good deals at others, as you mention in your post?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does the presence of good deals at one booth categorically eliminate the possibility of good deals at others, as you mention in your post?

Absolutely not. Just my experience from buying clothing and gear that a lot of the booths are full retail. Sure there is other booths with deals to be had. That's just the one I noticed for Klim gear. It's not a blowout sale at all booths is what I'm getting at

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should be lots of good prices on whatever stuff your after.Martin was the only one allowed to have Klim at the show past yrs but not so anymore I would expect some competition for other vendors to sell Klim
All the brands will be well represented

Don't be surprised or pouting if the 2013/ 2014 gear isn't at blowout pricing like you'd hoped. Lol
Best deals are on non current

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Absolutely not. Just my experience from buying clothing and gear that a lot of the booths are full retail. Sure there is other booths with deals to be had. That's just the one I noticed for Klim gear. It's not a blowout sale at all booths is what I'm getting at

We all know what you're getting at, same old, same old.

PS. Wash your nose, the color may come off.

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's best to spend the time when looking for deals on gear. It's going to be expensive no matter what, easy to spend up to 1000 plus on gear these days, which is mind blowing.

Top Bottom