Brute Force Problem

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went quading today and on the trail, my bike I think went into limp mode and I am not sure why? I was just on regular dryish trail, not even stuck in mud or riding in water, however I was in water and mud earlier.

It wasn't over heating. Not 100% sure how to fix this. The belt light is blinking...Some folks on the trail think my belt triggered a switch.....

Looking for some advice before I start taking things apart tomorrow. Thanks

Mikehunt

Reaction score
There is a switch inside the belt housing that needs to be reset you will have to take the belt housing off and reset it

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is what some peps told me on the trail yesterday, but why?

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is what some peps told me on the trail yesterday, but why?

Protection type system for belt deflection, you need to replace your belt or shim your sheave. You can also get a cdi to remove the limp mode or make a jumper to bypass the switch.

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well did some reserch on the net, I had to switch to wires around under my seat (closer to the back, black and gray 5 pin) then turn key on then unplug limit switch for the belt, then turn key off and wires back to normal, and that fixed the limp mode (wish I knew this on the trail yesterday) still not sure why this happened, the belt is 100% fine....

Force

Reaction score
had the same problem once found it was a fault in 1 wire that was touching the frame making the fault light come up worth checking

rancher

Reaction score
belt light will come on and go into limp mode about every 100 hrs. print the directions u found and carry them in ur brute that way u can reset on trail.

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My bike only has 44 hrs though.....and stupid me, when i opened the belt cover I flip the switch back and fourth a few times not thinking that maybe i should see which way it was switched to, on or off.....live and learn i guess.....

But at least I know how to counter this at the 100 hr mark.

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Protection type system for belt deflection, you need to replace your belt or shim your sheave. You can also get a cdi to remove the limp mode or make a jumper to bypass the switch.

A jumper to by pass the switch hey.??? can you explain more, thanks

750 kawi

Reaction score
Rancher is right. There is a maintenance interval for the belt/clutching system every 100 hours or so. Stupid system IMO, but none the less. If everything looks fine you should be good for anothe 100 hours or so.

Top Bottom