Blue River Information Thread

lorne1176

Reaction score
Planning on riding parbarry for the first time Saturday or Blue in general for the first time. Does the club collect trail fees at the entrance? Or do you need to pick them up from in town? Going to be traveling down from Valemount. Thanks

You get them at the trail.

SnoWorks

Reaction score
There is a booth at the Parberry trail, Redsands Parking lot. On the north side of Blue River. About 2 kms before Blue. Turn left at the big bear when you come from Valemount.
There is also a booth at the Finn Creek parking lot, access to Ground hog, Salmon Lake and Foam. approx 22 kms South of Blue River at the bottom of the summit on the left hand side.

Ride Safe!!!!

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a booth at the Parberry trail, Redsands Parking lot. On the north side of Blue River. About 2 kms before Blue. Turn left at the big bear when you come from Valemount.
There is also a booth at the Finn Creek parking lot, access to Ground hog, Salmon Lake and Foam. approx 22 kms South of Blue River at the bottom of the summit on the left hand side.

Ride Safe!!!!

where do you go to access holy grail and those areas?

ukrainiansnowplumber

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to get back into the riding range at Salmon lake. Been going to Salmon only for 2 years and this year it's a different way getting in. Socked in last time and couldn't get a bearing on where we were. Landed up taking a different trail and doubling back. HELP PLEASE!!!

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to get back into the riding range at Salmon lake. Been going to Salmon only for 2 years and this year it's a different way getting in. Socked in last time and couldn't get a bearing on where we were. Landed up taking a different trail and doubling back. HELP PLEASE!!!
Don't know what your doing wrong, but it is still the same way in. The last leg of the trail through the trees might be a little different, but that is it?

Blueriversledz-Digger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm back in Blue, after Completion of my "Operations Level 1 Snowmobile Avalanche Course", in Whistler this past week.
Great course and Great people!

Will post pics and snow conditions asap!

Last edited:

Swirlibirdz

Reaction score
I heading to Blue River on Mar, 7,8,9. Can someone suggest where to stay. The one and only place that I have stayed is booked solid. Any suggestions??

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glacier Mtn Lodge is a great place and gives back tonnes to the the local sledding community. Support those who support your sport!
Curtis you have stayed in blue river before even though you live in vale?
I'm pretty sure all the places in blue river support the community and the sport.... just saying .... as for places there all good if there is room it is a busy time right now... and by good there is a bed and a roof with heat and clean (some might not care if it is clean) but i'm pretty sure they all are.

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure everyone was riding this weekend. Snow is really settled and heavy now. Any untracked stuff you find will be about 6" deep. Sunny day on saturday so lots of area being covered. Spring like conditions already. Hope its not over.

Top Bottom