Accommodations in Valemount / Blue River

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So with the pipeline the last couple of years, the motels had slim to no vacancies. Last winter I didn't even get to Vale / Blue.

This summer when I went up a couple of times, it seems that you could find a room easier.

How is it looking this winter? Anyone have any intel on this?

Thanks!

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In summer it’s not bad because everyone stays in there trailers and there are rooms available. Come winter the rooms book up again. Once everyone moves out of there trailers. Not sure of availability at the moment I stay in Clearwater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H-D

Reaction score
Plenty of availability but rates are still high.

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$730 total for 3 nights at Best Western. Greedy.. (They are all cranking the prices up for sledders) Even Sicamous Best Western is cheaper than Canadas Best in Valemount.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep I was only able to book 1 trip to Vale last year and this year is not looking much better. We need the pipeline and I understand why they have spiked the prices. I just hope they remember who keeps them busy once the pipeline is done.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep I was only able to book 1 trip to Vale last year and this year is not looking much better. We need the pipeline and I understand why they have spiked the prices. I just hope they remember who keeps them busy once the pipeline is done.

Most of the reputable locations have kept a certain percentage open for snowmobilers as they are fully aware of what you are speaking about. It should be easier to get rooms this year as alot of the crews moved south to Clearwater. That being said it’s still very busy in town. As for the rates, we’ll, pretty much everything has gone up so that’s kind of expected they have bills aswell that would have increased like the rest of us. Just gets passed onto the customer to maintain profit margins.

Might have to make more room at the chateu maxwell and rake you guys over the coals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mcstuck87

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most of the reputable locations have kept a certain percentage open for snowmobilers as they are fully aware of what you are speaking about. It should be easier to get rooms this year as alot of the crews moved south to Clearwater. That being said it’s still very busy in town. As for the rates, we’ll, pretty much everything has gone up so that’s kind of expected they have bills aswell that would have increased like the rest of us. Just gets passed onto the customer to maintain profit margins.

Might have to make more room at the chateu maxwell and rake you guys over the coals

If it includes bubble baths and steak dinners sign me up ! Can you also get an in house masseuse for after the first riding day. Will pay top dollar lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Haha Sean if you make room for me and show me some of your honey holes I’ll gladly pay more.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Comfort Inn has lot's of rooms left for sledders and the price seems lower than most other hotels
Best Western has stay 2 nights get 3rd free, so a person has options to get what is best for them

Last edited:

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just booked in with best value in staying 26-1st they always seen to get us prices have def went up but been staying tnere for about 12 years without any issues and its nice that its close to a few restraunts once parked dont have to move again all walking distance

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Comfort Inn has lot's of rooms left for sledders and the price seems lower than most other hotels
Best Western has stay 2 nights get 3rd free, so a person has options to get what is best for them

If at all possible, please look at the supporting hotels in our area guide or on our website and try to support them. The ones who continue to work with us through the busy times should get some recognition. We cannot do what we do without local support and it is slowly dwindling in the accommodation sector.

Top Bottom