Blue River Information Thread

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure everyone was riding this weekend. Snow is really settled and heavy now. Any untracked stuff you find will be about 6" deep. Sunny day on saturday so lots of area being covered. Spring like conditions already. Hope its not over.

Ya , did not make it out this weekend ,would go out today for the week but not much info on snow condition and can not find anyone to go with!

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Blue for 3 days, Salmon, Foam and Fingers. Spring ride like Wes said, found lots of untouched in the trees but only 6-10" deep. We had fun, found a couple new honey holes. Higgins.

Attachments

• Blueriver Mar.8 2013 027.jpg
    Blueriver Mar.8 2013 027.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 314
  • Blueriver Mar.8 2013 025.jpg
    Blueriver Mar.8 2013 025.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 314
  • Blueriver Mar.8 2013 033.jpg
    Blueriver Mar.8 2013 033.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that 2nd pic is a doozy..u still have ur snow flap on??if so that'd b my guess why ur stuck..

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was climbing from one bench to another thru the trees on a fairly steep incline and the line i took was like a climbing wall at the crest and that was the result. I thought it was coming back over on me because i slipped off, but it stuck.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To see what businesses in town are supporting the Blue River Powder Packers Society please click on this link.

Sponsors ? Sled Blue River

umm i am pretty sure there other places in town that promote the sport and the town but havent donated to the club... donating to the local club is good but that not the only way to promote things.... oh and i have heard a lot of negative thing about your grooming pracices on your trails, people are getting pissed right off that you guys are charging but not grooming.... just saying... not sure how that helps the town or the club ?

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do not want to get in a peeing match with you boots. Here is my take on it as a volunteer member of the Ladies Aux. Us ladies realize that 90% of our money that we donate to various organizations and people in need is brought in from our dances that is mainly supported by sledders. So to us it was a no brainer to donate to the club. As a club they need money for plowing the parking lots, enlarging the parking lots and maintaining the trails ( such as buying culverts for the foam creek trail crossing). The club is made up of volunteers that sit down on their own time (for free) in meetings with government, first nations and other back country users. If they did not look after this end and there was no snowmobile organization, there might be no snowmobiling areas in Blue River legally. So in my mind if you as a local business make 90% of their income from sledders then they should support the snowmobile organization that works tirelessly on keeping the areas open. I am not talking about promoting Blue River for peeps to come. I am talking about the local organization that does all the work behind the scenes. So yes as sledder you should remember that the local businesses that support the club have your best interest at heart to keep the areas open for you.

This is my :twocents: as a Member of the Ladies Aux of the Royal Canadian Legion.

Have great day and enjoy the rest of the season. :D

Last edited:

Blueriversledz-Digger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fresh snow started falling this am, 3 inches on the front deck of the house so far and still falling steady.
Snow and rain forecasted all week, thats going to put the Avy conditions on High again!

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any updates on snow conditions? It's not raining at riding elevation is it? Heading to blue this weekend and hope to find some fresh....

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see a few places not on here as sponsors, one place in partic"ULAR"(LOL). I would have thought they would support the local snowmobile club. HMMMMMM

Post that on patties thread and see what she says.

Sent from my iPhone

wombat

Reaction score
I hear Robin "guides" folks right past thebooth at redsands on a weekly basis without paying.....sponsoring is one thing,but blatantly not supporting the cause is different story.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear Robin "guides" folks right past thebooth at redsands on a weekly basis without paying.....sponsoring is one thing,but blatantly not supporting the cause is different story.

No as a matter of fact he doesn't guide guys right past it. He stops a pays just like everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.glaciermountainlodge.com
No as a matter of fact he doesn't guide guys right past it. He stops a pass just like everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone
I don't think we should be pointing fingers or trashing people on this thread, If a business sponsors the club great! if not they may have their reasons, what ever the outcome it's always appreciated and all the money is used for bettering the snowmobile experiance. We have a lot of needs and plans and will continue to work towards improving a little every year as funds are available. please stop the banter.

Bill.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think we should be pointing fingers or trashing people on this thread, If a business sponsors the club great! if not they may have their reasons, what ever the outcome it's always appreciated and all the money is used for bettering the snowmobile experiance. We have a lot of needs and plans and will continue to work towards improving a little every year as funds are available. please stop the banter.

Bill.

Lol.

Sent from my iPhone

Top Bottom