Multi manufacturer campaign for GPS

Would you be willing to participate in this campaign?

• Total voters

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking of starting an online campaign for the manufacturers (BRP, Polaris, Yamaha, Arctic Cat) to see if they will collaborate on their head units for GPS partner tracking in future models. This shouldn’t be sled specific.

Not sure if anyone has started anything yet. If there’s nothing out there I would like to get contact information for the big 4’s lead sales, marketing, and R&D people any any other people that may be in the position to make decisions on stuff like this.

I’m planning on asking all 4 to work together on a ‘buddy tracking type GPS system’ using only the sleds built in components. No phones or other accessories as they are both a burden and a potential danger to avalanche safety equipment.

Once I (we if anyone is willing give a hand) have the contact info and a write up for the campaign, will post a online/email campaigner that will flood all 4 companies with emails asking that their customers/consumers need this to happen going forward. If they get thousands upon thousands of emails, I’m sure it will force them into looking into the idea. The sled community is relatively* small and if they get as many or emails as sales this could help.

I’m all for competition and proprietary designs but as a mountain rider this could make the sport so much better.

What are everyone’s thoughts?

Anyone able to help out with the following?

1) contact info (emails/phone numbers)
2) campaign write up/review before it goes out
3) best campaigner website to use
4) would you be willing to participate in this campaign?

pommie_git

Reaction score
I just want sleds to be cheaper and more reliable. Don’t care for more tech on them.

Got a gps enabled radio for buddy tracking and communicating.
And a cell phone.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is everyone up in arms over GPS on sleds? Did people forget how to ride in pairs or a buddy system, and navigate?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is everyone up in arms over GPS on sleds? Did people forget how to ride in pairs or a buddy system, and navigate?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No so much that. With the new machines being so much more capable I find it only takes 30 seconds for a large gap to be made. Lots of new people in the sport that do not have the best direction built in for mountain riding.

We were riding quartz back in the day and had a buddy stuck in a tree well. He was fine but he was probably 300m away from us when he got stuck. He was low under a site line and trying to use the garmin rhino GPS was awful. Must have rode past him 5 or 6 times before someone found him.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For tree riding its an awesome feature to have.

Very easy to become separated in the trees. And you can be a only 100 meters from your friends sometimes and they can have a hard time spotting you.

That said im not a big petition guy so i wont be putting too much effort into getting brp to join the program. Id just get the trail tech gps and be good to go..

Top Bottom