2021 Sled Show in Edmonton - Cancelled

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I think we can all agree the show makes no financial sense for anyone except the ASA. And, afterall, that is who we are trying to support with this show. Not northlands.

That being said i quite enjoy paying 20$ to park and buy 10$ beer to look at parts i can order online for cheaper. Its all about the experience and BSing with your buddies. And after covid i will happily sit in that beer gardens all day long and tell stories with my friends until they bleed every last dollar from me.
I'll let you buy me a beer. I'll even wear a shirt with your name on it if that's what it takes.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think about what you said Matt???? What do you think the Venders have to pay if you pay that much... and then everyone looking for a deal lol

I know,
I also don’t think the fees for the vendors are fair either.
The show is not what it used to be, It seems the show gets smaller, and smaller every year, and it’s tough for the smaller vendors to recoup.
IMO it’s the mod shop little guys that I actually want to see.
The industry is changing, people do not mod sleds like they used to.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
So is there usually good deals to be had? If so is it better to go on friday or wait till saturday? Another good thing is to meet some of the s&m folks.
In all the years of working the Fernie Snowmobile Association booth, we found (like Ron mentioned) that Friday opening (getting in the door at opening time was important) had the best deals on discontinued gear. Good selection and good prices on last year's items and sometimes on two year old things. Klim gear was discounted quite well and a decent range of sizes.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Think about what you said Matt???? What do you think the Venders have to pay if you pay that much... and then everyone looking for a deal lol
Chris is correct, vendors pay the cost of the booth, the cost of power, cost of daily parking as well for people that they are paying or hope that people just volunteer to help. Deals can be had on clearance stock and some stuff but these shows cost vendors a lot.

Maxwell hits the bell, its all about socializing and seeing many familiar faces. And after the show on Saturday evening you can come and join us and many folks at our After Snow Show Party.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know,
I also don’t think the fees for the vendors are fair either.
The show is not what it used to be, It seems the show gets smaller, and smaller every year, and it’s tough for the smaller vendors to recoup.
IMO it’s the mod shop little guys that I actually want to see.
The industry is changing, people do not mod sleds like they used to.
It would be very interesting to see if a smaller venue, possibly a bit more “rustic”, would be more acceptable. Would be nice to see it move around the province once in awhile. Difficult to make it to Edmonton for even a day when kids also play hockey.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we can all agree the show makes no financial sense for anyone except the ASA. And, afterall, that is who we are trying to support with this show. Not northlands.

That being said i quite enjoy paying 20$ to park and buy 10$ beer to look at parts i can order online for cheaper. Its all about the experience and BSing with your buddies. And after covid i will happily sit in that beer gardens all day long and tell stories with my friends until they bleed every last dollar from me.
Are you going to leave the beer gardens this year so the rest of us can have a chance to sit and enjoy a beverage?
I agree with Maxwell, we go to see our friends, meet new friends and enjoy the shenanigans.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Are you going to leave the beer gardens this year so the rest of us can have a chance to sit and enjoy a beverage?
I agree with Maxwell, we go to see our friends, meet new friends and enjoy the shenanigans.
High fives and bum slaps all around!

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cheap entertainment, see people I rarely see and support the industry. Big expense for vendors so showing some support is good, supporting this also helps move the industry ahead, always someone looking to stand out from the others. Will be there as always

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm undecided if I'll go this year. Not looking very promising for me to get out west and ride this winter. I'll likely give up my snowcheck and just rent a sled if I am able to get out. The wife's car is giving me signs its on its way out and my house needs a new roof next year.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm undecided if I'll go this year. Not looking very promising for me to get out west and ride this winter. I'll likely give up my snowcheck and just rent a sled if I am able to get out. The wife's car is giving me signs its on its way out and my house needs a new roof next year.

See this is why I’ve held off adulting for so long

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That's total BS. We all know you don't have any friends.

:p

JK dude.

WDP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to going this year with chauffeur TKO! Nothing like door to door Uber Transportation! lol

Top Bottom