2021-2022 Revelstoke Area Updates

pommie_git

Reaction score
riding was very average. Hadn’t snowed in a while. Totally sun f*cked. Had to wait til about noon for it to soften up!

Must’ve been a mistake because no one would deliberately take that risk for those conditions

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
riding was very average. Hadn’t snowed in a while. Totally sun f*cked. Had to wait til about noon for it to soften up!

Must’ve been a mistake because no one would deliberately take that risk for those conditions
More than one airplane has been crashed in 2022 just so the pilots can videotape it and post it on social media. My point being, people will do A LOT of questionable and otherwise stupid things to get views and likes.
Oh, and the first pilot had his pilot's license revoked, and it's very likely the second one will as well (it just happened).

yammy1320

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s not just hanke. It’s his partner shena Thomas who is also a skidoo ambassador. I know both of them and have no beef with either of them. But they are both industry professionals representing brands, products and businesses. While it is not right that anyone enters a caribou closure before the opening date these folks are held to a higher level accountability than the rest of us. Whether it’s one hour, one day, or one month before the opening date OR whether it’s misleading is irrelevant. Their due diligence was insufficient and that is why people are upset and rightfully so. When you sign yourself on as an ambassador to any company your signing your life away and agreeing that you will not make these kinds of mistakes. The CEO of brp created a program this year called take the pledge which try’s to promote responsible riding and regulation following. When an ambassador takes “the pledge” then breaks it, its embarrassing. Just my opinion

This entire thing could have been avoided by typing “caribou basin” into google. In which the first link is to the revelstoke snowmobile clubs website very clearly stating it is closed until the 16th.

When you operate a snowmobile business and are a major brand ambassador saying “I thought it was the 15th” doesn’t fly with me.
I couldn’t agree with you more.

I have something interesting to add, that I did a search for “shena thomas caribou closure” and before finding this thread I read one about “taking the pledge”

And why was I searching in the first place? Because I saw them leaving the closure area on the 15th. With my own eyes. And rode in their tracks the following morning.

Just my $0.02

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Spring snow....

I think its now legal to ride Caribou closures????

1651076515414.png

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might be legal to ride the skihill , it’s closed now 😆 Rip it up !!
I heard from a friend of a friends ex-brother in-law that it may accessible from a certain secretive type riding area. Someone may or may not have come down that way from the said area a number of years ago. Anywho, just what I heard standing around a broken down Polaris.

:skidoo:

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just one rip from the bottom to the top 🤔 under the chair 😎 look at that not a single track
488CFE11-BFE6-4ABB-AF8A-9246A2D36785.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom