2021-2022 Revelstoke Area Updates

JustChilling19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m just glad it’s snow up top, not rain.

Forecast looks promising for this weekend!

Wondering what we wanna do Sunday. Maybe drive down to blue lake. We will see.

Reactions: RXN

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coming out next week again. Hope there is some decent snow. Looks like it will be cooler again but sunny.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see the Club posted on their Factbook page that the Ministry of Transport is not happy with the amount of vehicles parking on the shoulder of the highway at Keystone. They have asked riders to not park on the shoulder till a solution can be had with the govt to make things work better. I personally think its gotta be a large parking lot. I doubt anyone that drives 50km one way to Keystone to find the small parking area full is gonna turn around and drive 50km back to town to ride a different area. Unfortunately because of Revy's world class riding they have outgrown their digs. Its nothing to see the Boulder and Frisby lots over half full on a Monday or Tuesday now.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see the Club posted on their Factbook page that the Ministry of Transport is not happy with the amount of vehicles parking on the shoulder of the highway at Keystone. They have asked riders to not park on the shoulder till a solution can be had with the govt to make things work better. I personally think its gotta be a large parking lot. I doubt anyone that drives 50km one way to Keystone to find the small parking area full is gonna turn around and drive 50km back to town to ride a different area. Unfortunately because of Revy's world class riding they have outgrown their digs. Its nothing to see the Boulder and Frisby lots over half full on a Monday or Tuesday now.
Perhaps a bigger parking lot for sale and Keystone is the answer. might as well add a groomer to the equation as well. They could be grooming both Sale and Keystone.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Perhaps a bigger parking lot for sale and Keystone is the answer. might as well add a groomer to the equation as well. They could be grooming both Sale and Keystone.
Yes maybe Richard could comment but I have kind of lost track but how many groomers does the club have now anyways?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I heard before that the reason the club doesn't groom out there is because of Ministry constraints they are trying to discourage people from riding these areas to begin with? Maybe the answer is to develop Griffin, Joss, McCrae and 51 to purge some of the load off of the 2 signature areas if highway parking is the concern? I don't know. There are smarter people than me that know about all the hurdles needed to make any improvements happen?

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I heard before that the reason the club doesn't groom out there is because of Ministry constraints they are trying to discourage people from riding these areas to begin with? Maybe the answer is to develop Griffin, Joss, McCrae and 51 to purge some of the load off of the 2 signature areas if highway parking is the concern? I don't know. There are smarter people than me that know about all the hurdles needed to make any improvements happen?

The parking at keystone is awful this year. It’s usually big enough to turn a 24ft trailer around. this year I was recreating a seen from Austin powers turning around. Backed the trailer hard into the bank and the truck bumper was pushing snow pretty hard on the other side of the highway. There was a few tense seconds while getting the rig turned around.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking good up top. Leaving early tomorrow morning and riding afternoon and Monday with my son. He’s so excited for his first mountain ride. I could be pretty sore tomorrow night pulling that M7 out of some epic newbie stucks.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Super foggy. Good snow. 2-3’ for sure. Due to the snow drought and past sunshine days there is literally a old track everywhere Decently easy to get. Still pouring rain so by tomorrow it should be a full reset and you won’t be pin balling on old tracks and ice Crust

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried getting up Joss today.
Didn't really know where we were going.
Chickened out at the big side hill at the end of the trail (if it was the trail).
Played in some trees and called it an early day.
Think that's a spot better suited to riding with someone that knows the area.

Screenshot_20220219-154907_Messenger.jpg

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried getting up Joss today.
Didn't really know where we were going.
Chickened out at the big side hill at the end of the trail (if it was the trail).
Played in some trees and called it an early day.
Think that's a spot better suited to riding with someone that knows the area.

View attachment 252717

Yeah it can be kinda sketchy getting in there.

Try Sale man, it will be a bumpy trail. But It has tons of trees though. Relatively safe to access, pretty easy to figure out ext. Joss there is some paths you dont want to be hanging out under.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah it can be kinda sketchy getting in there.

Try Sale man, it will be a bumpy trail. But It has tons of trees though. Relatively safe to access, pretty easy to figure out ext. Joss there is some paths you dont want to be hanging out under.
Found that out.
Attempting Hall tomorrow

Top Bottom