2013/2014 Valemount Conditions and Updates!

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would be a good choice. It snowed most of the day today while we were in Salmon (very deep !) and we met the groomer on the way down after dark.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I have a varda membership, do you. Curtis does an amazing job for us all to enjoy sledding. You sledders are on here always asking for up date on snow condition and he provides, Then you say thank you, or I like to shake your hand. Well I think he would like that but I think he would sooner have you buy a membership. How many of you on here riding vale mount actually have a membership to help out varda with the area. 20.00 bucks gets you a smooth trail ( OR WE HERE ABOUT IT) but there is a lot more to running a top notch sledding program than that covers. So next time you go if only for one trip bit a membership PLEASE

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On lighter note rode allan on tuesday, trail was perfect and starting to get rode out, need to look and you'll find snow. Rode chappell on weds and had a fun day, about 50% rode out. It was snowing when we left.

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Current vale conditions

Attachments

• IMG_00000106.jpg
    IMG_00000106.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 558

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I have a varda membership, do you. Curtis does an amazing job for us all to enjoy sledding. You sledders are on here always asking for up date on snow condition and he provides, Then you say thank you, or I like to shake your hand. Well I think he would like that but I think he would sooner have you buy a membership. How many of you on here riding vale mount actually have a membership to help out varda with the area. 20.00 bucks gets you a smooth trail ( OR WE HERE ABOUT IT) but there is a lot more to running a top notch sledding program than that covers. So next time you go if only for one trip bit a membership PLEASE

Wow, that's the first time I have ever been blasted by somebody for acknowledging someone for doing a good job as a genuine thank you. I don't have a membership. i have been thinking more and more about getting one but that Sir is a choice that each of us have as individuals. If 20 bucks doesn't cover your costs then hike up the price! You demanding that someone buy a membership and if they don't that they are less committed than you and dont appreciate the work, time and effort is a weak and narrow minded approach. It doesnt help attract people.... It costs me $650 for each trip I make out there, at 11 trips a year if I could swing it that is Far past my budget. each trip I make I support the local economy fully and never leave less than a 25% tip to the people that make me feel at home or give me great service or do their job pleasantly. I have a disabled child, I donate extensively to the Stollery, do you? Its a different priority Sir. i think that you are missing the big picture. Acknowledgement to an individual is a dying thing these days. A forum offers opinions and updates and is full of people that have the same passion and are willing to help out people that share in their sport. I was simply stating that when i get there next i would appreciate the opportunity to meet Curtis and start a conversation. Do you aid and assist with fundraisers and events for VARDA? If so why arent you sending PM's to people on this chat stream? Did you buy a membership and that's it that's all? I make an honest effort when I can to do whatever it is that I am able to when I visit any area. Until recently my personal situation has limited my abilities and time to be able to dedicate time and be involved in different organizations, that I hope will change. I didn't know that asking for an update in an area that I was planning on visiting had a price tag on a free forum.....I am unable to figure out how asking for information and then saying thank you is a bad thing!? I understand what the message is that you are trying to get across and the awareness and hype you are trying to create about financial support, but your delivery method comes off ignorant. I am sure that your intentions were meant to be supportive. Thanks again to everyone that takes time to post conditions and raise awareness on avalanche and snow conditions, give general updates and post comments.....I personally appreciate it and it gives me a chance to create excitement about my upcoming trips to Valemount.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Slight over reaction...

Wow, that's the first time I have ever been blasted by somebody for acknowledging someone for doing a good job as a genuine thank you. I don't have a membership. i have been thinking more and more about getting one but that Sir is a choice that each of us have as individuals. If 20 bucks doesn't cover your costs then hike up the price! You demanding that someone buy a membership and if they don't that they are less committed than you and dont appreciate the work, time and effort is a weak and narrow minded approach. It doesnt help attract people.... It costs me $650 for each trip I make out there, at 11 trips a year if I could swing it that is Far past my budget. each trip I make I support the local economy fully and never leave less than a 25% tip to the people that make me feel at home or give me great service or do their job pleasantly. I have a disabled child, I donate extensively to the Stollery, do you? Its a different priority Sir. i think that you are missing the big picture. Acknowledgement to an individual is a dying thing these days. A forum offers opinions and updates and is full of people that have the same passion and are willing to help out people that share in their sport. I was simply stating that when i get there next i would appreciate the opportunity to meet Curtis and start a conversation. Do you aid and assist with fundraisers and events for VARDA? If so why arent you sending PM's to people on this chat stream? Did you buy a membership and that's it that's all? I make an honest effort when I can to do whatever it is that I am able to when I visit any area. Until recently my personal situation has limited my abilities and time to be able to dedicate time and be involved in different organizations, that I hope will change. I didn't know that asking for an update in an area that I was planning on visiting had a price tag on a free forum.....I am unable to figure out how asking for information and then saying thank you is a bad thing!? I understand what the message is that you are trying to get across and the awareness and hype you are trying to create about financial support, but your delivery method comes off ignorant. I am sure that your intentions were meant to be supportive. Thanks again to everyone that takes time to post conditions and raise awareness on avalanche and snow conditions, give general updates and post comments.....I personally appreciate it and it gives me a chance to create excitement about my upcoming trips to Valemount.

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah Cuso you may be right but I call it like it see it, that hit a nerve.

Sorry for getting side tracked on this thread......

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is from the clemina parking lot! Over 3' dropped in the alpine overnight. Perfect birthday present. Teaching today so no action shots.....ride safe folks....let this snow chill for a while

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389492913353.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389492913353.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 786

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More Deets lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Sunshine after 11 and did 67miles of 1.5+ of fresh.

Also had a good day at Clemina today, snow was great but the weather Hampered a little.

Sent from my iPhone using

Top Bottom