2013/2014 Valemount Conditions and Updates!

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to come out riding the weekend of the 17th-19th. Maybe come the 10-12th if work permits. Thanks for the updates Curtis!

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably not, it wasn't great last time we went. I am more concerned with the 2-8" of snow valemount is supposed to receive each day this weekend! Hope its not another "see nothing" weekend up top.

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just looking to see what things are looking like up there. Any info / updates on snow and safety are appreciated as always!

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just looking to see what things are looking like up there. Any info / updates on snow and safety are appreciated as always!

We have not had any major new snowfall since last Friday although the weather forecast is looking promising. The overall snow depths are extremely variable and high winds have been hammering the valley. I'm not certain of the extent of the transport in the alpine. Good snow can be easily found off the beaten path and in the sheltered areas. With the variable snow levels and a bit of a tricky snowpack, a good understanding of snow and safety is needed if you decide to push terrain at all, although good fun can still be had while sticking to simple terrain. Constantly watch for changing conditions as you adjust aspects and altitudes.

Valemount, BC - 7 Day Forecast - Environment Canada

• Thanks
Reactions: Max

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curtis, it's great that you are as involved to the extent that you are with keeping everyone up to date. In no way do I have the experience with snow and avalanche conditions that you do, however it makes me more confident and aware of the conditions with the videos and information that you post and make available to continue to learn what to watch out for and make note of while riding. Thanks again for the update and for being a great ambassador for Valemount and the sport. Hopefully one of these days I'll bump into you and be able to shake hands. Thanks again!

Big BUBBY

Reaction score
Curtis, it's great that you are as involved to the extent that you are with keeping everyone up to date. In no way do I have the experience with snow and avalanche conditions that you do, however it makes me more confident and aware of the conditions with the videos and information that you post and make available to continue to learn what to watch out for and make note of while riding. Thanks again for the update and for being a great ambassador for Valemount and the sport. Hopefully one of these days I'll bump into you and be able to shake hands. Thanks again!

He's so little and cute you'll just love him hahaha but for reals Curtis what he said thanks buddy

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My trailhead staff returned yesterday stating it was snowing all day out at the staging areas, which was a huge surprise to me. Allen lot had about 4" fall during the shift and it continued when staff left for the day, so hopefully we are going to be set up well for the weekend.

Forecast looks good for some freshies
Valemount, BC - 7 Day Forecast - Environment Canada

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just drove up from revy Kamloops way. Snowing good at blue river. Chappell as well. Stopped snowing just before Thompson bridge. I would do ground hog tomorrow if I had a group to hang with.

Top Bottom