2013/2014 Valemount Conditions and Updates!

cutterguy987

Reaction score
Website
www.laurencemarkwart.com
Hey heading to Vale Friday January 10 early afternoon from Edmonton , buddy can't come knee issues I have room booked Best-western, space on my truck will come back Monday morning . anybody interested

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

didnt get much gopro footage over the last week. it was socked in for basically 12 days in a row and im trying not to even film when its not sunny it just doesnt look as good.

Highvoltage

Reaction score
Road cleminia creek on dec 30 was pretty tracked up, set little avy off but made it down in time. and heard somebody was buried day before but was ok! Allan had better conditions on 31 but had to get past avy alley to find better snow. Have heard blue river and mcbrise areas had better conditions but never made it that far.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy and I are thinking about finally heading up in a week or two. For guys new to the area, which riding zones should we be looking to hit?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy and I are thinking about finally heading up in a week or two. For guys new to the area, which riding zones should we be looking to hit?

Allan creek, Clemina Creek, Chappel Creek. just stay out of the creeks LOL

these are the managed areas with groomed access trails, parking lots, cabins ( except chappel), maps available and other people around to help you out. good place to start.

clemina - 27km south of town on your left
allan - 35km south of town on your right
chappel - 50km south of town on your right.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the intent of these videos is not to blow your mind. its just a better way of conveying the conditions to users rather than saying snow is good or not good. afterall i think thats what this thread is about.if i feel a video is decent ill post it in the 2014 video thread for you to rate. if i ride all weekend and take a bunch of junk footage im still going to take some pieces from it regardless so people can see the conditions. im aware alot of the videos i post are lame. sometimes im lazy and hardly film anything. sometimes im lazy and hardly ride. and sometimes i get some really good footage. they cant all be golden. but for conditions it works just fine and better than words. Thanks for your concern. Oh and yes id say its approximately 4-5ft low on total compacted base which in turn means ive been taking it much easier this season so far as i have no intent or writing off my snowmobile multiple times to impress anyone

Last edited:

dwight3566

Reaction score
The pictures and videos on this forum saved me a very expensive trip out there in November as i would have came but was advised not to because of conditions. Went to Revelstoke and had a blast. Watching the updates / videos for the month of December made me at the last minute decide to change plans and come out to Valemount at the end of the month and was one of the best trips to date (Allen Creek on the 28th and 29th beautiful conditions and weather)

Keep videos and pictures coming!!!

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Absolutly keep them coming it shows the conditions. You could post them on any post on S&M and would make more sense than most responces.

less01

Reaction score
keep them coming maxwell they make a difference and enjoyable,when you can't get out often it hurts to see someone else in the pow but helps until we get to go again thanks

edge rmk700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep the vids coming.Enjoy watching them and also your updates.Hopefully get to meet you and ride around. thanks

Top Bottom