2011 Big Iron Shootout?

zonker892

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is gonna be a 2011 big iron shootout? Id hate to see it canceled because of what happened last year

hypnotoad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can't see it happening this season, it already was getting lots of bad press even before what happened last season.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe that It is not a sanctioned event. It just started out as a group of freinds getting together same time every year riding together. Then grew larger and larger until it became what it is. Sorry it is sad that some folks passed on, and others injured. You have to look at the big picture. 200 or so sledders at that hill,at that particular time. It could have been much worse, if it were not for the training and fellowship of the others attending, and assisting in the rescue efforts. I try and look at it in a positive way. It could have been much more of a disaster, if it was not for our brothers, and the media has blown it way out of context. Look at the stats on how many people drown every
year in pools, rivers,etc. You don,t here the media posting those stats. It does not sell.
Sorry for the rant. Just my opinion. But I believe it has always been the second weekend in March. I will be there whether it is advertised or not.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it will happen where and when who knows, But hey now days on any given Sunday at Valemount, McBride, Blue River,Revy,Golden, Sicamouse, or down in the pass there is no shortage of big iron. Shankster can't wait to see the 1000 RT turbo go.:beer::d

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and whos to stop it. its a non sanctioned event.

if people want to get together and head up a hill, so be it
perhaps the originating group of guys might not touch it again. but that wont stop anyone else from picking up the torch

ol man winter

Reaction score
if not for trained people inattendance for the ride it would have been a lot more severe. i hope it goes on for years .

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been to this event for the past 5 years, except last.
Every year it gets worse and worse. It is a totally disorganized chit show that needed an excuse to stop.
Well here it is folks.

True, the slide wasn't part of the event, but that does not matter. Now, go convince the general public that....

Loosey goosey sledding events are going to be a thing of the past.

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every weekend is a big iron shootout.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It'll happen. Same time, same place as every year..there just won't be any advertising. That was the big B!tch last year that if someone advertises an event there has to be someone or some organization taking responsibility for that event....sanctioned or not. As mentioned earlier the slide had nothing to do with the event itself but there was no convincing the general public of that. Whatever, God bless all of those that were at the event last year and did such a great job. I hope your emotional scars are healing:beer:

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
I agree with most of the comments and rally on free speach!

There will be no named, BIG IRON SHOOTOUT.

As for people gathering in March on the same weekend, no one can ever stop peeps from riding for a days fun.

It is human nature to try and outdoo your riding friends. I am sure this will happen from the first ride till your last ride.

Have a wonderful sledding season and see yah on the hill. Maybe meet 2 riders or 200 in one day.
One never knows.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think is should just happen on another day to give respect for the peeps that lost there lives. say last weekend in march
my .02

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think is should just happen on another day to give respect for the peeps that lost there lives. say last weekend in march
my .02

Not a bad idea, but maybe you see it as an event to commemorate those lives lost on that day. After all they were doing what they loved to do. Just sayin:beer:

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my .02

I agree. It would be disrespectful to just go ahead and do it on the same day like nothing ever happened.

Doo800ho

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a bad idea, but maybe you see it as an event to commemorate those lives lost on that day. After all they were doing what they loved to do. Just sayin:beer:

I agree....Maybe just alittle more common sense ia all. We were going to go last year but my wife was glade we didn't because of the snow conditions.
My .02:beer:

Top Bottom