2011 Big Iron Shootout?

Prairie Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Krazy Canadian has it booked onhis 2011 calendar he's selling....Mar 11, 12 and 13th in Revy

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Krazy Canadian has it booked onhis 2011 calendar he's selling....Mar 11, 12 and 13th in Revy

So you are saying he is the next sponsor? NOT.
His calensar says Big iron shootout-Memorial day weekend-Ultimate sledding championships.
No mention of an event happening, rather a memorial.
Notice that there is no location just a reminder.

FACTS BOYS!

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Think he feels the same as a lot of locals do, we are tired of the bullchit.
The people who promote and attend this event just pack up their chit and leave the next day and we are all left to deal with the aftermath and more restrictions to our riding areas.
Been telling you guys for yrs. this event does not attract your typical snowmobilers and it seems like most of them leave their brains at home.
Who do you think are the people who end up each yr. bringing riders who are lost and hurt down off the hill, dealing with the clean-up, meeting with Gov. over problems caused, having our managment agreements threatened.
For yrs. it has been a black eye for snowmobiling. Just sayin`.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shootouts. Poker rally's and that type of thing are gay and dangerous. Sleding, quading and other forms of motorsports are for family and friends and all about good times. Why would anyone want to go to a area where 200 other people are. Real hard for me to understand. Most of them can't ride. It's like quading the desert on a long weekend. Guaranteed some will be hurt And for the record the last person I want to be known as a Sleder is that goof ball ozone Dave..........that's my rant

Andrew

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think he feels the same as a lot of locals do, we are tired of the bullchit.
The people who promote and attend this event just pack up their chit and leave the next day and we are all left to deal with the aftermath and more restrictions to our riding areas.
Been telling you guys for yrs. this event does not attract your typical snowmobilers and it seems like most of them leave their brains at home.
Who do you think are the people who end up each yr. bringing riders who are lost and hurt down off the hill, dealing with the clean-up, meeting with Gov. over problems caused, having our managment agreements threatened.
For yrs. it has been a black eye for snowmobiling. Just sayin`.

thanks Kathy for telling it the way it is and no BS. sorry for you it is there, glad it's not here.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when does the ski hill shut down? and how hard would it be to told an event their? would probably bring in some extra cash for the mountain as well. I remember reading the same question some time back, just don't recall any answers.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shootouts. Poker rally's and that type of thing are gay and dangerous. Sleding, quading and other forms of motorsports are for family and friends and all about good times. Why would anyone want to go to a area where 200 other people are. Real hard for me to understand. Most of them can't ride. It's like quading the desert on a long weekend. Guaranteed some will be hurt And for the record the last person I want to be known as a Sleder is that goof ball ozone Dave..........that's my rant

Andrew

sure seem to be a lot of people like poker rallies and various sled races and events, not just poking at hills till they come down. nothing wrong with anyone enjoying what they like to do, your like or dislike of ozone is your problem, he is what he is, trying to entertain his buds, i'm sure we all would like to be perfect like you. oh yeah .

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sure seem to be a lot of people like poker rallies and various sled races and events, not just poking at hills till they come down. nothing wrong with anyone enjoying what they like to do, your like or dislike of ozone is your problem, he is what he is, trying to entertain his buds, i'm sure we all would like to be perfect like you. oh yeah .
Well let's rephrase
This wasn't me saying I'm Perfect. What I was saying is the public see us as the hells angels of the snow. He is the last guy we need to have represent the average sledder. If you read my post I dont have a problem with pokerrallys or races. What I said is there is always a chit show at these events. Hence why it makes me wonder why people would go. I am just worried about my future as a sledder in the mountains of bc. Everyday I realize and appreciate how lucky I am to be in the alpine with a snowmobile. It's not a right. It's a privilege and we have to start acting like we know this.

Andrew

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
when does the ski hill shut down? and how hard would it be to told an event their? would probably bring in some extra cash for the mountain as well. I remember reading the same question some time back, just don't recall any answers.

Ski Hill is usually finished after the Easter long wknd.

There is no doubt Dave is a show man, and when it was just him and some friends getting together there were no problems. It`s when he started inviting the masses on the forums to attend is when the problems started. Events can successfully be held BUT there are rules and regulations that need to be met so it is safe for everyone attending.
Dave was in town this wknd. Gov. and the RCMP were with us at the staging areas, if there was any indication that the event was happening they were going to shut us down.

Last edited:

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ski hill used to be a good ride in the spring. We stayed at the powder springs downtown, two weeks after they had closed the hill down for skiiing. the owner gave us the keys to the gate said lock it behind us.We were the only three in there in a week. have some old pictures some where. SORRY did not mean to highjack the thread.

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I go sledding to get away from people, and have fun with my closest friends.
Even on busy days you don't see many people where we go.
You wanna hang out with a crowd, go to the mall.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if ya don't like the chit show don't go.... everyone has a brain to choose to go or not to go.....

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think a poker rally would be a good event to hold, for those who do not wish to participate or spectate the hill climbing. BUT, then it becomes an organized event, and a whole new set of issues begins, volunteers, insurance, organization, security to keep people in the safe areas. No matter what type of event is held, whether it is snowmobiling, car, shows / races, boat races, pretty much any type of organized event, there will always be some bad apples that get carried away. that is why rules and regulations have to be in place, and it still does not stop some. A person may have to be tougher with penalties. like being banished from riding in that area for the rest of the season, and again more issues with enforcing it. Lets just all play and ride safe, try to use common sense, go home to your families and LIVE TO RIDE ANOTHER DAY.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well let's rephrase
This wasn't me saying I'm Perfect. What I was saying is the public see us as the hells angels of the snow. He is the last guy we need to have represent the average sledder. If you read my post I dont have a problem with pokerrallys or races. What I said is there is always a chit show at these events. Hence why it makes me wonder why people would go. I am just worried about my future as a sledder in the mountains of bc. Everyday I realize and appreciate how lucky I am to be in the alpine with a snowmobile. It's not a right. It's a privilege and we have to start acting like we know this.
Andrew

well said. I go to rip on my sled, not measure dicks at the bottom of some hill. I got nothing to prove to anyone. You guys have fun at circus.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well said. I go to rip on my sled, not measure dicks at the bottom of some hill. I got nothing to prove to anyone. You guys have fun at circus.

so you must think that poker rallys and such are gay and dangerous? and turbos are the only way to ride. and i thought i new you? joey was right:d you suck.:beer:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Andrew

i did read your post, anyone who attends shootouts or poker rallies are gay and are dangerous. unless i can't read. :confused:

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Ski hill used to be a good ride in the spring. We stayed at the powder springs downtown, two weeks after they had closed the hill down for skiiing. the owner gave us the keys to the gate said lock it behind us.We were the only three in there in a week. have some old pictures some where. SORRY did not mean to highjack the thread.

We also used to get the keys from Clyde!

Nice riding the cat trails and then we had one hell of a challange getting up the waterfall.
Easy for skiers to come down.

I guess a fella should check and see if we can do future riding there again.

We also had only seven sleds and a locked gate.

Top Bottom