you can put a deck on a 2015 f150......

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I guess 2500s are are obsolete now so the only question is will this new f150 accept the dodge tow mirrors so they can be flipped out perminantly?

Yez byhhhhh

Driftingbig

Reaction score
ABMax24 that was my thinking as well. At least its a 10 ply tire on it. Maxwell I don't think they will become obsolete, there are lots of people that prefer 2500s. I for one will stick with mine for running my deck. Heavier built and is more durable when 4x4in up to the snow in the spring and early winter.

sylvanAssault

Reaction score
i love the guys who knock dodge hahaha let me guess you drive fords big step up!! i've owned half tonnes,3/4 tonnes, and one tonnes and yes i even owned a few fords a mistake i'll never make again. the new dodges drive and ride pretty nice then again i don't leave them stock never have i can afford to make the truck how i want it. i say drive what makes you happy load your sleds how ever you want and worse case you crash because of bad weight distribution, over loading the truck or the pricks in blue ticket you but whatever it takes get to the snowy covered playground and have fun!!!

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i love the guys who knock dodge hahaha let me guess you drive fords big step up!! i've owned half tonnes,3/4 tonnes, and one tonnes and yes i even owned a few fords a mistake i'll never make again. the new dodges drive and ride pretty nice then again i don't leave them stock never have i can afford to make the truck how i want it. i say drive what makes you happy load your sleds how ever you want and worse case you crash because of bad weight distribution, over loading the truck or the pricks in blue ticket you but whatever it takes get to the snowy covered playground and have fun!!!

What if that "or you crash" kills a family coming in the other direction because your lightened front end didn't allow you to make that icy corner..... That's a pretty chitty "worse case"

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
There's 11 pages of my life I'll never get back! Some good points but a lot of people missing the real technical numbers and the definitions. Some people need to get into the manuals and read what all those abbreviations stand for and how they are supposed to be used. The "true trucker" dudes on here have got it down pat! Us "wannabee truckers" have a lot of learning to doo.

I have gone from a 2500HD 6l gasser (it was under with two sleds and the flat deck but not by much) to an F350 6.2l gasser with a flat deck just for the peace of mind. There is much more payload for the gassers over a diesels. With an 8' box 4x4, one is pretty much guaranteed to be within the safe hauling limits with the 3/4 and 1 tons.

Surely, after 11 pages the horse has been flogged enough...........:snow:

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nooooooo!

Attachments

• stock-photo-quimbaya-colombia-august-cowboy-performing-cardiopulmonary-resuscitation-cpr-to-a-do.jpg
    stock-photo-quimbaya-colombia-august-cowboy-performing-cardiopulmonary-resuscitation-cpr-to-a-do.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 257

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
There's 11 pages of my life I'll never get back! Some good points but a lot of people missing the real technical numbers and the definitions. Some people need to get into the manuals and read what all those abbreviations stand for and how they are supposed to be used. The "true trucker" dudes on here have got it down pat! Us "wannabee truckers" have a lot of learning to doo.

I have gone from a 2500HD 6l gasser (it was under with two sleds and the flat deck but not by much) to an F350 6.2l gasser with a flat deck just for the peace of mind. There is much more payload for the gassers over a diesels. With an 8' box 4x4, one is pretty much guaranteed to be within the safe hauling limits with the 3/4 and 1 tons.

I'll have to double check next dump run but you shouldn't have been border line in the gm..... I had 2900lbs of shingles on the deck of your old truck just the other day and I was barely over the gvrw on the door. By calculations I have just under a 2800lb allowance according to the scales at the dump. Which are calibrated to measure very close to actual for what people are dumping

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
But did you check axle weight? You may have been way over on the rear.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I'll have to double check next dump run but you shouldn't have been border line in the gm..... I had 2900lbs of shingles on the deck of your old truck just the other day and I was barely over the gvrw on the door. By calculations I have just under a 2800lb allowance according to the scales at the dump. Which are calibrated to measure very close to actual for what people are dumping

I forget what all I had on but two people with full gear, clothes for a week, two sleds fully fuelled and oiled, and in travel mode (tarps, clamps, locks), 4 j-cans of fuel, and some road slush and if I remember right I was right around 200# under.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

you need to set your view up to max posts, this is only page 3 for me.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I was speaking with the DOT's in Golden, I asked them if I had tires that could handle the weight, would I be legal, he stated that they will take the lessor of the weights between your door decal and your tire rating, so basically, make sure your tires aren't rated less than your door decal.

Sent from my iPad

GPsnownut

Reaction score
I have read through all the pages of this post and I see a lot of people don't understand the payload on their trucks, open the door and look at the yellow decal it tells you plain as day what your payload is, don't have to minus this, or add that. Also manufacturers put the proper load rated tires that meet or exceed that payload.

Some of you talk about they prefer a 2500 over a 1500, do some checking and compare the door sticker payloads from vehicle to vehicle, it even changes from 2500 to 2500, depends on a lot of things.

I have a 2014 f150, ecoboost, super crew, loaded lariat, 6.5' ft box, 8200 GVWR, my payload on yellow sticker is 1999 lbs, my buddy has a 2013 2500 Ram Laramie longhorn,5.7L hemi, crewcab, short box, 8800 GVWR, his payload on yellow sticker is 2081 lbs. So his 3/4 ton that has a 600 lb more GVWR but can only legally haul 82 more pounds of payload than my HD 1/2 ton.

Now this is me comparing my HD 1/2 to my buddies 2500. The payload numbers are all over the place for each truck whether it is a 1/2 ton. 3/4 ton or 1 ton, payload depends on what all the options are on each truck, manufacturers have went to great lengths figuring out the payload on each vehicle and have designed that vehicle to handle such weigh. You decide to load up your vehicle with what ever you want and go weigh it at the scales and it is within the legal weights it is safe to drive down the road, weather it is a 1/2, 3/4 or 1 ton truck.

I figured I should beat the dead horse myself, I think there is still some of the rib cage left.:)

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have read through all the pages of this post and I see a lot of people don't understand the payload on their trucks, open the door and look at the yellow decal it tells you plain as day what your payload is, don't have to minus this, or add that. Also manufacturers put the proper load rated tires that meet or exceed that payload.

Some of you talk about they prefer a 2500 over a 1500, do some checking and compare the door sticker payloads from vehicle to vehicle, it even changes from 2500 to 2500, depends on a lot of things.

I have a 2014 f150, ecoboost, super crew, loaded lariat, 6.5' ft box, 8200 GVWR, my payload on yellow sticker is 1999 lbs, my buddy has a 2013 2500 Ram Laramie longhorn,5.7L hemi, crewcab, short box, 8800 GVWR, his payload on yellow sticker is 2081 lbs. So his 3/4 ton that has a 600 lb more GVWR but can only legally haul 82 more pounds of payload than my HD 1/2 ton.

Now this is me comparing my HD 1/2 to my buddies 2500. The payload numbers are all over the place for each truck whether it is a 1/2 ton. 3/4 ton or 1 ton, payload depends on what all the options are on each truck, manufacturers have went to great lengths figuring out the payload on each vehicle and have designed that vehicle to handle such weigh. You decide to load up your vehicle with what ever you want and go weigh it at the scales and it is within the legal weights it is safe to drive down the road, weather it is a 1/2, 3/4 or 1 ton truck.

I figured I should beat the dead horse myself, I think there is still some of the rib cage left.:)

The uniforms at the scale aren't going to take out your payload and measure it to see if it is under your yellow sticker's Payload number. They are going to weigh your axles and confirm that each axle is under the axle weights, and totals are under the GVW and GCVW. Am I wrong?

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The uniforms at the scale aren't going to take out your payload and measure it to see if it is under your yellow sticker's Payload number. They are going to weigh your axles and confirm that each axle is under the axle weights, and totals are under the GVW and GCVW. Am I wrong?

Sounds correct.

Like anything, not built to run at maximum. In many applications 75% of max. is a good safe bet. Creates a safe and reliable operating vehicle for you any others around you.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score

My old truck of I read the "payload" rating on the decal i had 1500lbs..... Once weighed with my gvrw I head closer to 1250.... So don't go by that " payload" sticker

Top Bottom