Why do you Sled?

What is the main reason you ride snowmobiles?

• Purely for fun

Votes: 100 80.6%
  • 75+% for fun 25-% to impress

Votes: 16 12.9%
  • 50/50 fun and fame

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • 25-% for fun 75+% to impress

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Purely to impress others

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding for me is like going to your favorite pub with your friends and sitting on the patio. Except the location always is changing and the scenery is second to none....... oh ya and the beer never gets warm. I ride because I love it.:d
Bring on the snow!!!!!!!!! Cheers:beer:

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
theres nothing like the feeling if hitting the gas and having the skis come up while clipping at 95+ mph an hour is a rush:d

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love to spend time with my brothers and buddies. I love to pound lots of powder I don't climb much (too old) don't heal well anymore. going to the pub and tell lies on how fast and how high we went.

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To fullfill an addiction to HP and speed.....to push ones self......social aspect with family and freinds.......to me riding in the mountains is like being a peace with ones self.....Some peeps drink some do drugs I like to destress by pulling the throttle on a hoped up sled............just my 2 cents

Last edited:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To fullfill an addiction to HP and speed.....to change ones self......social aspect with family and freinds.......to me riding in the mountains is like being a peace with ones self.....Some peeps drink some do drugs I like to destress by pulling the throttle on a hooped up sled............just my 2 cents

very deep BD,,,

I must agree with you,,, nothing beats being deep in the mountains with a few good friends and a sick machine just waiting to tear chit up where people may never even be able to walk. but the best part is testing your skills, knowledge, experience and your machine to see if you can push it just a bit further and if ya get further its time to do it faster and if you do it faster its time to go bigger it really never ends its a constant progression best thing in the world....:beer::d

but all in all its different for every one and fun and safety is a top priority when we ride...

Last edited:

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its all about trying to be better then yourself. Every time I ride i try to show my self I can do things I thought I couldn't!:beer:

Blue rev

Reaction score
-Getting out with the buds.

-Have fun. My sled still makes part of my anatomy pucker from time to time. (the holy s--t I didn't mean to do that factor!) Giddy - up!

-Get on sled.....problems go away.

-I like to see what I can do and how far I can go.

-I hate summer. Only redeeming quality of summer is Bikinis. Actually I have MAJOR summertime allergies.

-I love DEEP,up to the armpits, stuck all the time, coming over the windshield, powder!

-Love the mountains.

-The sound of my sled with a can is very yummy. Braaaap!

-Sledding is like a drug for me. I need it!

I hope it snows tonite........

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Because snowshoe-ing & cross country skiing is for puzzies.....

Just sayin.....:d:beer:

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride with my best friend and bestest riding buddy, my hubby. We see new sights have new adventures with our sledding buddies. We are both obsessed with sledding and have such a deep passion for everything that goes with it. :)

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride with my best friend and bestest riding buddy, my hubby. We see new sights have new adventures with our sledding buddies. We are both obsessed with sledding and have such a deep passion for everything that goes with it. :)

Shiznitt told me PistonBroke rides with you because he needs to improve his skills...

:eek::rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh:

Ok seriously.... thats cool! I wish my wife rode more.:)

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shiznitt told me PistonBroke rides with you because he needs to improve his skills...

:eek::rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh:

Ok seriously.... thats cool! I wish my wife rode more.:)

Shhhhh, don't tell anyone ;) hahaha!:alol2:

Shiznitt needs to ride more and stop hurting himself :rolleyes:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride for the sense of exploration and the challenge. I love being able to climb to far off places and ride in areas that you cannot access with any of vehicle at any other time of the year. The camraderie of friends and being able to explore new terrain and experience some great views you will never see otherwise.

I ride because I love the serenity of it, getting away from people, pulling up to some secluded spot in the forest and shutting the engine off and being able to hear the snow falling on the tree branches or hearing the sounds of the wilderness, or just being able to hear the deafening silence. I have seen more obscure animals sledding than most people see in a lifetime (Bobcat, caribou, lynx, foxes, hares, elk, deer, bears, all sorts of birds, owls, on and on)

I ride because even on a bad day, you can look around at your riding buddies and they all have smiles on their faces, no matter what the weather - except rain - no one likes rain (unless its May or June!!) I love pulling up next to anyone I ride with, for a rest stop on the trail and looking over at them to see a smile gleaming back at me from beneath the helmet.

I ride because sledders are a different group, we share a very different bond. When most people are heading for Arizona, we are polishing our sleds and are giddy with anticipation.

I ride because I think I'm a little unbalanced in the head, but I think that's a pre-requisite for sledders and that's what sets us apart from other crowds. When my neighbour is packing his golf clubs into his car to go hit the front 9, smiles and looks over and gives me the weird "you're f___ed" looked as I am loading my sled into the truck for the weekend, its truly then I remember why I love sledding - because, unlike golf and soccer, sledding requires more than 1 ball.

grnboyz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only to have fun, because when you try to impress, your ass and face are going to get ran over and used as a crazy carpet all the way down the mountain. Impressing friends always costs too much.
:d:)UNLESS YOU'VE RIDDEN IN THE MOUNTAINS, US TELLING YOU ABOUT IT OR SHOWING PICS, DOES NO JUSTICE:):d

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats the one of the best parts about sleddin,its very secluded and the only other people you see are sledders to,I just keep tryin to impress myself,thats what its all about.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sled because I love the sport, whether it is mountain sledding, trail riding or drag racing a mod sled, there is nothing like grabbing a hand full of horsepower, hearing the engine get on the pipe and see the speedo try to keep up with the Tach. The challanges you encounter, spectacular scenery you can view and the great people you meet.

Remember EVERYONE "Pack out what you pack in"

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well bought sled last year cause i love to ride. Then found out that everyone that is around to ride with turns it into a social drunk. Ride a mile Drink a beer. So this year is just for fun put on 500 miles alone last yearand know best friend 2010acm8le bought himself a sled. No more beers just long days of riding and the captian to heal us once we are HOME. To a season of fun. Hope it snows soon. Got buddies 2010 AC M8 le parked hat his house going to be hard to look at from now till when we get snow. Everyone have fun and keep wobbly pops until you get home and off the mountain.:d:beer:

Top Bottom