How to sell a Sled….Millennial Edition

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^ part it out my son has a 2018 Axys 800 163 with a redline turbo, ran good step up well and didn’t need anything. He couldn’t sell it for $8000, He started parting it out 6 weeks ago and has sold $12500 in parts so far and it hasn’t even been that much of a hassle.

For a turbo sled like this it actually makes sense to me. Turbo kit, motor/clutches,track would all go pretty quick I would think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^ part it out my son has a 2018 Axys 800 163 with a redline turbo, ran good step up well and didn’t need anything. He couldn’t sell it for $8000, He started parting it out 6 weeks ago and has sold $12500 in parts so far and it hasn’t even been that much of a hassle.
I couldn't be bothered.....Just not my gig . My Kid will end up riding it so I'll take a double hit :ROFLMAO:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember an ad for a sled that had a 20year amortization on it for financing available. I can’t remember the rate but the 20 year thing had me wondering if I was looking at a scam ad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda shocking how quickly the used market surpassed demand,feel bad for some of these young guys that are seriously upside down on toys that they can’t afford to use now! Im wondering if this is the tip of the iceberg, everyone thought we were headed for hyper inflation, could be we’ve seen it and are in a hyper deflation cycle. Read an article that is occurring in China‘s economy right now!

Megrizzly

Reaction score
High prices and interest rates are definitely factors, but the complete lack of snow anywhere east of the mountains is really crushing demand.

First time in 25 years that we’ll probably take the quads to the cabin for Christmas.

If I were selling, I’d take any reasonable offer anywhere close before the dealers start discounting in the early new year.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda shocking how quickly the used market surpassed demand,feel bad for some of these young guys that are seriously upside down on toys that they can’t afford to use now! Im wondering if this is the tip of the iceberg, everyone thought we were headed for hyper inflation, could be we’ve seen it and are in a hyper deflation cycle. Read an article that is occurring in China‘s economy right now!
Exactly. One could see it coming and there will be some great deals coming up soon for those that have cash.

Kid in town here has been buying a dozen sleds a year and renting them and then flipping at end of season. He is sitting on a bunch of beat up ch!t he can't unload for what is owed I suspect and has a bunch of new ones delivered. No snow and a tough economy makes 450 a day rent hard to sell.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could have bought one of stoked boosts for $14000 with 600 km on a new engine. $28000 for a new one.

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I couldn't be bothered.....Just not my gig . My Kid will end up riding it so I'll take a double hit :ROFLMAO:
Kid is smart.......Rent it to him ....$350 Cash each day he rides it ...... and before it leaves the garage collect monies...... then you got Whiskey money.....

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't lowball me! I know what I've got!

Classic

I just seen a post of a dealer selling new 2023 850’s SP for $15,000 seems supply has caught up to some of the new market as well.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Classic

I just seen a post of a dealer selling new 2023 850’s SP for $15,000 seems supply has caught up to some of the new market as well.

If skidoo keeps that pricing for next year, and the new catalyst is over $20,000,will it be worth the extra $6000 for the extra 20 HP the 858 will have over the G5?

Top Bottom