How to sell a Sled….Millennial Edition

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1. Step one consider your emotional attachment to sled and the financing price you got that was way to high(others people have to care about how much you paid right).

2. Price your machine at a level way higher than every other on market(yours is clearly better)

3. Tell us about how all your accessories are worth so much(your loud can is easily worth 3k extra)

4. Get mad at every reasonable offer given(low ballers are so mean).

5. Complain that it’s impossible to sell a machine in this market!

How to sell a sled like an Adult:

1. Go on kijiji and find the lowest price machine on market.

2. Match your price to a machine that’s reasonable but has higher KM than yours.

3. Accept first reasonable offer within $500-1000 of your already reasonable price.

4. Drink a beer on your new sled that you shopped price around a bit…..the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1. Step one consider your emotional attachment to sled and the financing price you got that was way to high(others people have to care about how much you paid right).

2. Price your machine at a level way higher than every other on market(yours is clearly better)

3. Tell us about how all your accessories are worth so much(your loud can is easily worth 3k extra)

4. Get mad at every reasonable offer given(low ballers are so mean).

5. Complain that it’s impossible to sell a machine in this market!

How to sell a sled like an Adult:

1. Go on kijiji and find the lowest price machine on market.

2. Match your price to a machine that’s reasonable but has higher KM than yours.

3. Accept first reasonable offer within $500-1000 of your already reasonable price.

4. Drink a beer on your new sled that you shopped price around a bit…..the end

You can have the cheapest one on kijji and still have people offer 1000 for a sled you have listed for 3.

I guess if youre willing to take that deal than its easy to sell a sled.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can have the cheapest one on kijji and still have people offer 1000 for a sled you have listed for 3.

I guess if youre willing to take that deal than its easy to sell a sled.

giphy.gif

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe his wife told him to sell it. But he can use it until it sells. So in that case. List it stupid high, and just keep shrugging your shoulders and telling her "I don't know why it's not selling,". Lol.

Things just are not moving……”wow check out this special weather statement honey”

Reactions: RXN

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^ part it out my son has a 2018 Axys 800 163 with a redline turbo, ran good step up well and didn’t need anything. He couldn’t sell it for $8000, He started parting it out 6 weeks ago and has sold $12500 in parts so far and it hasn’t even been that much of a hassle.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had my 20.5 Turbski on kijij listed the cheapest and still getting offers 1-2 g less than what it's listed for . Chit's just not moving right now

This might be the best example of what I’m talking about. If you’re getting offers that’s the market price you could have moved this sled but chose not to……A 20.5 $14,500 with 3100km I wouldn’t touch that sled they didn’t come with warranty and was first year of tech change. The 22s came with 3 years warranty and are being sold for 17-18k. Maybe you hang in till the prime snow shows up in Feb and get paid. The used market has shifted the 7-9% interest rates are finally doing there job softening all prices.

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This might be the best example of what I’m talking about. If you’re getting offers that’s the market price you could have moved this sled but chose not to……A 20.5 $14,500 with 3100km I wouldn’t touch that sled they didn’t come with warranty and was first year of tech change. The 22s came with 3 years warranty and are being sold for 17-18k. Maybe you hang in till the prime snow shows up in Feb and get paid. The used market has shifted the 7-9% interest rates are finally doing there job softening all prices.

I'm not really worried about it . Had it listed for 11000.00 with 3900 km . Who knows what I'll take ..............

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I also feel the interest rates are starting to have an effect on pricing… guys are walking away from deposits because the interest is going to add significantly to their new ride… used inventory will sit as personal rates are considerably higher…
Those that have waited to purchase with cash will be rewarded with some good deals….

I have zero mercy for those that have bought high, and now expect to flip for the same money as the last few years… not going to happen

Of course… there is the crew that a $10G hit on a sled is chump change… they will always be on new iron.

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always put no offers excepted until you look at the unit.
Still had people try to offer over the phone.

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had my 20.5 Turbski on kijij listed the cheapest and still getting offers 1-2 g less than what it's listed for . Chit's just not moving right now
I would like to offer you,10 K plus a 12 pac Bud Liight......Please PM if you intrested..............

Top Bottom