How to sell a Sled….Millennial Edition

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Parting out sleds is not worth the headache. I’d rather deal with one person than 100 people. I took apart 3 sleds and parted them out and I have my prices to the point where it’s not worth dealing with anyone. I’m going to take it to an auction and just dump them all. Better then throwing them out.

If anyone wants a truck load of Arctic cat parts range from 2003-2017. I’ll give you a screaming deal. Half price of what you think you could sell them for. Double your money.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Parting out sleds is not worth the headache. I’d rather deal with one person than 100 people. I took apart 3 sleds and parted them out and I have my prices to the point where it’s not worth dealing with anyone. I’m going to take it to an auction and just dump them all. Better then throwing them out.

If anyone wants a truck load of Arctic cat parts range from 2003-2017. I’ll give you a screaming deal. Half price of what you think you could sell them for. Double your money.

Yup I can hardly imagine a more painful experience! I have a hard time dealing with the one or 2 guys with a whole sled!

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Classic

I just seen a post of a dealer selling new 2023 850’s SP for $15,000 seems supply has caught up to some of the new market as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bought mine for $14295 and they gave me what I wanted for my trade.

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If skidoo keeps that pricing for next year, and the new catalyst is over $20,000,will it be worth the extra $6000 for the extra 20 HP the 858 will have over the G5?
The CAT Going to Give a Spanking to both the NA Doolaiders and Polaiders.......going to be EPIC!!

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what’s the catch? Sounds like a pretty standard small town Saskatchewan Saturday night to me! :)

Thats where I was from.......little older and WISER now.......

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I tried parting out some m8s. What a frigging nightmare. Hundreds of inquiries and sold like two parts
I can relate to that 100%, I listed every single part with a price in a list organized by category. Took a picture of all the parts. First line in the ad states that what I have is in the list and priced.

If I got a penny for every “is this still available” or asking me for parts that are not on the list I could’ve thrown all the parts out and made the same amount off the cents.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey newsflash, hardly anyone's riding NA sleds except the 9R crowd that think its cool for probably one more season until that fad wears off. Take a look around 80% turbo models.

Anyone who modded sleds for years that gets to jump on these new turbos must grin ear to ear. Oil gas pull the rope and go. My turbo 850 22 was unreal easily the best sled I’ve owned. I would have a hard time going back to NA if you chase the deep.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey newsflash, hardly anyone's riding NA sleds except the 9R crowd that think its cool for probably one more season until that fad wears off. Take a look around 80% turbo models.
going to see more of a return to N/A sleds now that the resale has taken a hit on the turbos while the new price keeps going up and holdovers and in season models are being discounted. Tough to drop $30k on a snowcheck turbo that is going to be worth $20k next season when you can get an SP for $15k.

powpounder

Reaction score
Anyone who modded sleds for years that gets to jump on these new turbos must grin ear to ear. Oil gas pull the rope and go. My turbo 850 22 was unreal easily the best sled I’ve owned. I would have a hard time going back to NA if you chase the deep.

Try a 23 if you think the 22’s are the best. Big jump in performance to the 23’s. And yes I’ve owned both to compare.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try a 23 if you think the 22’s are the best. Big jump in performance to the 23’s. And yes I’ve owned both to compare.

There is no doubt they ripped and I did ride them multiple times. But I personally would’t touch a 23 every guy I knew that had one and rode hard went through a chain case on them. You couldn’t discount one enough for me 21,22 or 24 only. I don’t care if they have been “fixed” it’s a blemish that won’t go away.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
going to see more of a return to N/A sleds now that the resale has taken a hit on the turbos while the new price keeps going up and holdovers and in season models are being discounted. Tough to drop $30k on a snowcheck turbo that is going to be worth $20k next season when you can get an SP for $15k.

Funny this actually came up in conversation today. I said the differential between snow checks and first year used was going to be crazy high. Especially with a dealer like Courtney discounting them that guy moves more volumes like Martin. Question I have is what are certain year and km turbo doos going to sell for today? I unloaded my 22 expert turbo for 18k in October 12-1300km at the time easily $1500 less than most asking prices.

Today I see a dealer add asking $15,000 for a 22expert turbo with 1100km

Kijiji add asking $20,000 for a 23 expert turbo with 1100km

That 15k for 2022 is easily the best deal around but what are the 23’s going to sell for?

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_4125.jpeg

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny this actually came up in conversation today. I said the differential between snow checks and first year used was going to be crazy high. Especially with a dealer like Courtney discounting them that guy moves more volumes like Martin. Question I have is what are certain year and km turbo doos going to sell for today? I unloaded my 22 expert turbo for 18k in October 12-1300km at the time easily $1500 less than most asking prices.

Today I see a dealer add asking $15,000 for a 22expert turbo with 1100km

Kijiji add asking $20,000 for a 23 expert turbo with 1100km

That 15k for 2022 is easily the best deal around but what are the 23’s going to sell for?

early october i picked up a 23 G5 turbo 165 big screen 1106km with clutch kit, trail can and trail tech voyager pro for 19K

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you got older stuff take it to auction, drop it off and then pick up your cheque a week after the sale.

Top Bottom