Wholesale Sports is closing their doors

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Price Shoppers. What happens when you get a good price but can't get problems solved cause there not open anymore. Had it happen once, won't repeat.
Good shopping everyone.

then you turn to the internet and bitch loudly about it until you feel better!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The chain has terrible management issues at the executive level (incompetence, cronyism, theft) and was used as a cash cow to bail out the UFA ag stores but then when the economy tanked and WS started having issues the favour was never returned. They took a huge loss pulling out of the US market as well. They were late to market with online retail and they didn't stock their stores for the region they were in ie big game hunting in PG and ocean fishing in Nanaimo.

I was in a lot of WS stores and the only one I liked was Kamloops. The staff were super knowledgeable and caring and actually wanted to be there, it felt like a proper sporting goods store. All the other stores felt like a generic big box retailer and the employees were just there for a job, no passion.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I went this morning and still the same as Friday, except a 100 less people. I was told that the 30% will remain for the balance of the week. There is still a lot of stock in the Calgary store

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went this morning and still the same as Friday, except a 100 less people. I was told that the 30% will remain for the balance of the week. There is still a lot of stock in the Calgary store

So you saying we should wait until it hits Liquidations World?

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol..... no....... But I am going to check it every Thursday morning, even just online. There old sales were Thursday to Thursday
Thanks Trashy. Let us know when it is time to descend on actual deals.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I will swing in this morning, check them out and report back. I need a few things for this weekend anyways so I'll see if the sales are any better.
I only checked online and thanks

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was in the Calgary Store yesterday. What a joke. Most discounts are at 10% only. A few peeps in there but no one buying anything and walking out the door with it. Overheard an employee tell a disgruntled customer that the Liquidators raised the prices and then discounted them and this is why the prices are the chits. Went to Cabela's later that day and saved money on $700 worth of goods and helpful staff who know there stuff or will find you someone that does.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Was in the Calgary Store yesterday. What a joke. Most discounts are at 10% only. A few peeps in there but no one buying anything and walking out the door with it. Overheard an employee tell a disgruntled customer that the Liquidators raised the prices and then discounted them and this is why the prices are the chits. Went to Cabela's later that day and saved money on $700 worth of goods and helpful staff who know there stuff or will find you someone that does.

and that right there Ken is why I'm more drawn to Cabela's for my hunting rifle, although a little birdie told me that Pheonix here in Edmonton has 25% off firearms right now too.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and that right there Ken is why I'm more drawn to Cabela's for my hunting rifle, although a little birdie told me that Pheonix here in Edmonton has 25% off firearms right now too.
Pheonix prices are inflated to begin with, so even with sales they won't be that good of a deal. I would suggest P+D. Check them out before buying.

Top Bottom