Wholesale Sports is closing their doors

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
UFA needs to smarten up as well. Our local store is useless. They don't even stock fuel hose for bulk tanks. They will sell you a pump, tank or nozzle but don't carry hose? Same with fencing. Got the posts but no post hole digger. Bolt selection sucks. Half the boxes are empty most times. Better to just drive to Peavey Mart in High River ifyou want service and selection.

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our ufa is like that to the people there don't have a clue their just holding down the counter, one roof vent, no green deck screws, we were there a few years ago building a deck for a customer and they wanted grey composite decking well, the building guy said they had some out back so we went and looked nothing but red coloured, went back in said there's none he said oh no they're outthere I said then you get outthere and look he walks out, ya geeze I guess we're out we'll see if they will settle for red[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] he says, I said no they wanted grey for **** sakes, so off to reddeer we went, but yeah as far as wholesale it is sad but they were pricy compared to other stores, I'm gonna miss their fishing selection [/FONT]

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
UFA needs to smarten up as well. Our local store is useless. They don't even stock fuel hose for bulk tanks. They will sell you a pump, tank or nozzle but don't carry hose? Same with fencing. Got the posts but no post hole digger. Bolt selection sucks. Half the boxes are empty most times. Better to just drive to Peavey Mart in High River ifyou want service and selection.

pretty much the same in red deer, not much of anything really, what there is, is overpriced junk anyway. pretty much a ghost town, they widened the isles and spread stuff out to make it look like they had a full store. some how management needs a big boot to the keester. fuel cardlock pretty much the same, diesel spills everywhere, pumps don't work, business is on the way out i'm afraid.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The parking lot is full this morning at the yellowhead store.

Reputation can clearly be a businesses undoing.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aren't they owned by the Alberta farmers?

UFA
I have had an account/membership with them for 40+ years and no one ever ask me about the Sh!t their doing so I am not sure how it works. I did know the owner of Russell when they got bought out and he told me that UFA had new management/board and they didn't know their As* from a hole in the ground.

Last edited:

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They closed the WS in Regina last fall. Discounts weekly got progressively deeper and deeper. There were some really good deals in there during the closeout. Sad to say, I was more in there during the closeout than when than any other time!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They closed the WS in Regina last fall. Discounts weekly got progressively deeper and deeper. There were some really good deals in there during the closeout. Sad to say, I was more in there during the closeout than when than any other time!
That's the same with any store closing...... I went to HMV 4 weekends in a row, to grab good deals on some dvd's and little things for gifts

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
*Excudes firearms & ammunition.

Right underneath the 0, of 30%

Guns are 5% off at yellowhead.
No ammo discounts......yet.

They are out of Tagle Free goose decoys.....they are all in the back of my truck!
Maresleg was only 5% and only in 357.
Matches my pistol but I will get a 44mag later.
Merv did sell me one of his custom tooled holster for a maresleg.
You will not find anything like it on a box store shelf.
Has to add "Henry 44 Mag".
Merv is going to continue to build slings and holsters from his house.

This one was for my 270 Weatherby.

attachment.php

Last edited:

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not worth the trip. Discounts from 0-30%, most have 15-20. Huge line took an hour. I went to the Calgary location for a browse and only stuck around as the guy I was with wanted some stuff. Discount wasn't worth the wait.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not worth the trip. Discounts from 0-30%, most have 15-20. Huge line took an hour. I went to the Calgary location for a browse and only stuck around as the guy I was with wanted some stuff. Discount wasn't worth the wait.
I agree...... I was there around 11 and I'll go back on Monday when they open. Nothing really for archery stuff on sale. There was some ammo for 10% off on selected shelves, other than that. Way too busy for me too.....

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Says "up to 30% off" what I read.
Anyways, pretty big line up at the tills for the majority of what was 10% off
Firearms are 5% off.
No smoking deals yet that I seen. Will go back in a week and see if there's any better deals to pop up.
http://www.wholesalesports.com/

POSTER SAYS EVERYTHING IN THE STORE IS 30% OFF ........ HUNTING, FISHING, ETC

Top Bottom