Who makes money snowmobiling?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like getting the sleds as a rite off, quads too. also beer, food, motels, gas, vehicle etc. get to ride sleds for work(although not a lot of fun sheeet it's work) workin oilpatch is great. :d:beer:

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay, there is one thing I've learned from this thread. I need a new accountant. Any good accountants in the St. Albert area that someone can recommend. I want someone I can pitch my crazy ideas too and they will work on the tax strategy with me, not just say "NO" and round off everything to even numbers. My account is so old, he still wants everything sent on oldschool faxes. Drives me nuts, but trying to sit down and use quick tax hasn't been any better (cuz it's too easy to look at s&m instead).

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
For everything there is a plus and minus to things,,,,, I do tours and Guiding Services for sleds and ATV's,,,, by far the quads make more money, guiding services for sledding in the Ranger creek and Hummingbird are alot of fun but have had some real challenges with some people and thier awsome riding skills. But for the most part it is alot of fun. Maybe someday the money will be there as well for sledding???

SnoPro_78

Reaction score
For everything there is a plus and minus to things,,,,, I do tours and Guiding Services for sleds and ATV's,,,, by far the quads make more money, guiding services for sledding in the Ranger creek and Hummingbird are alot of fun but have had some real challenges with some people and thier awsome riding skills. But for the most part it is alot of fun. Maybe someday the money will be there as well for sledding???

Hey Safari Guy..Is Hummingbird or Ranger creek filling in yet? I know its early in the season just hoping it will be better then last year

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
probably going to need some more snow, that area has a lot of rock on the trail. supposed to snow some more and maybe a little sun(warmer) tuesday wednesday. should give us a good base and then let it snow, snow and more snow.:d

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do sled repairs out of my shop at home for 4 months out of the year, i dont like running service truck in winter, i enjoy being a contractor it allows me to take on anything at anytime. I even write off dog food cause the lap sitting face licker is a "gaurd dog"!
I have a great book keeper here in Fort St John who looks after my write offs very well. PM for more info

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you get paid to do the same thing (almost) you do on your days off and can choose from 3-4 sleds to ride life is pretty good.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I go once a year to Nebraksa, buy a fixxer upper motorbike and sell it when I am done fixing and riding for a yr, all write off, free holiday.and legal too ! I have a mobile contract mechanical repair business, fix sleds.ATVs, cars, pickups, farm machinery, been doing this 35 yrs.wouldnt do anything else.might not own brand new chit, but what I do have is paid for.

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My motto is everything is a write off. One of the biggest perks of having a business. Hope there are no revenue canada narks on here lol
Businesses buy everything with pre tax dollars so there is generally a 30% advantage right there...so if you can rationalize some form of a business get registered and start writing chit off...it is worth it.

That is where the accountants earn their money is making all the write offs legit or setting you straight when you cross the line which is rather gray.:d

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
My motto is everything is a write off. One of the biggest perks of having a business. Hope there are no revenue canada narks on here lol
Businesses buy everything with pre tax dollars so there is generally a 30% advantage right there...so if you can rationalize some form of a business get registered and start writing chit off...it is worth it.

That is where the accountants earn their money is making all the write offs legit or setting you straight when you cross the line which is rather gray.:d

Agreed...I have a contract to supply sleds for worker rescue and checking wells. Has allowed me to buy and write off the sleds. Mountain trips are written off as 'training'...

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could also be looking for work (business development) almost anywhere you go...grab a few business cards etc like i said though i just hand everything to the CA and let him do his job.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
You could also be looking for work (business development) almost anywhere you go...grab a few business cards etc like i said though i just hand everything to the CA and let him do his job.

Yep...looked for some pipeline work in Vegas last week! Didnt find any but got a few leads...

Will have to head back in April to continue the search LOL

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
Hey Safari Guy..Is Hummingbird or Ranger creek filling in yet? I know its early in the season just hoping it will be better then last year

The Hummingbird and Ranger Sled areas dont open till Dec. 1st. and like upsidedowndooin I mean Imdooin said there are alot of rocks on the trail,,,,, I think farther west did get more snow though,, when it warms up I will be getting out there to check the trails.

Top Bottom