Who makes money snowmobiling?

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is anyone getting paid to sled? Videos? Tours perhaps? Factory test pilots? You are all gods to me.

That is all.

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay, what service (other than prostitution, you perverts), can I bring onto the hills so I can right off my sled too? I guess if a guy starts selling Amway out of the cabin at Allen Creek, the club is likely to frown on that. Your likely to find the body some time in the spring. There has to be a way...

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you were to own your own company the sleds could be assests of the company that are used for entertainment, and the fuel and servicing could be a write off. I would check with your accountant.

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sold a belt on the side of the hill last year.... marked it up twenty bucks....
Came close to making money.

sirzones

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We all make money sledding!!!!! and don,t tell my wife any different,lol:d

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you were to own your own company the sleds could be assests of the company that are used for entertainment, and the fuel and servicing could be a write off. I would check with your accountant.

I have my own company and all my toys are write offs. I have re-built my bike 3-4 times and have done 4 sled motors all on company dime but i can justify it if it was ever questioned.

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having you own company really helps for sled tax write off, I bill mine out for pipeline inspections about 4 or 5 times a winter and BAM it's officialy a Tax Write off

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having you own company really helps for sled tax write off, I bill mine out for pipeline inspections about 4 or 5 times a winter and BAM it's officialy a Tax Write off

I take photos for Thunderstruck and Sledbetties... So far it has amounted to some free hotel stays/meals, some free Klim Gear, tonnes of free DVD's and Calendars ... OH... and a SLED SPONSORSHIP!! Gotta love T&T Powersports and Arctic Cat :p.

Plus, since the photography is a business, the stuff that isn't paid for: its a write-off!! I'm getting damn close to making money ;) And, I ride with some pretty nice people and make some awesome friends along the way. Not bad for my second year in the mountains :cool:

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Okay, what service (other than prostitution, you perverts), can I bring onto the hills so I can right off my sled too? I guess if a guy starts selling Amway out of the cabin at Allen Creek, the club is likely to frown on that. Your likely to find the body some time in the spring. There has to be a way...

Amway probably not so much but any fella willing to pack up a BBQ and cook hot lunches would be my hero. I'd come from the backside to get a great burger and a cold beer/pop/hot chocolate depending on weather lol. :beer::d

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My company deals with recreation, so for the most part, I can write off my toys, fuel, rooms, some booze, and most expenses. Works pretty good.

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm a little bit upset that you guys have this wonderful luxury of writing off your hobbies and i do not, lol if i write surveyor in big black letters with a sharpy on the side of my truck can i write mine off to?:)

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think dhl,purolator,ups and canada post make a real good buck delivering parts.:d

tonykunz

Reaction score
If I really wanted to write my sleds off, I'd register a sole-proprietorship at the registries, call CRA and get a GST and payroll numbers. And start a tour guide business targeting Snowmobiler tourists. Can't get more legit than that. Oh and if you do it right, you might actually make money!

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I work at a ski doo dealership(sales) and ride every weekend possible, I get a new demo every year and can get the boss to pay for sled trips sometimes.... :d:d

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I work at a ski doo dealership(sales) and ride every weekend possible, I get a new demo every year and can get the boss to pay for sled trips sometimes.... :d:d

a buddy of mine worked at riverside just after high school. i remember we all rode near every weekend new demo sleds. fug waz the mach fast back then. lol
later went to a different dealership. built a s chassi mod completly on their suppliers dime. between warrenty and demo parts. all the way from skid to hood the only thing stock was the 670 bottom end. cost him nothin but his time. azz hole.

Top Bottom