Fundraising Raffles - What would interest you?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
As we get close to the end of the really not great 2022/2023 Snowmobile season, we as clubs start to think of fundraising for the next season.

There are a number of clubs now that do Snowmobile Raffles, some clubs doing 50/50 raffles, some doing freezers full of meat.

I'm trying to convince my club that a Raffle is a good way to raise some funds, but of course it comes with having to spend money too (not always the easiest conversation).

Some things I'm tossing around in my head are below:

• Experience Package (Weekend of snowmobiling with accomodations/guiding in say Valemount with Frozen Pirate)
  • Avalanche Course Package (4 pack of courses paid for, with accomondations) Vendor to be determined.
  • Enclosed Snowmobile Trailer (size to be determined, but thinking 18 foot or so)

What would peak your interest? What would you invest the money into tickets on?

Appreciate all feedback!

• Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I bet you’d sell a ton of tickets for the enclosed trailer. I think they’re on a lot of people’s wish I had but can’t justify the cost list.
the hard part there is what size? I mean for myself a 3 place is ample, but it seems lots of people really want the extra huge 4+ place trailers.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A vacation place in the mountains would be cool. Might buy a ticket for something like that.

Or if thats not possible a g5 maybe.

• Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
A vacation place in the mountains would be cool. Might buy a ticket for something like that.

Or if thats not possible a g5 maybe.
there was 5 different sled raffles in Alberta this year, trying to find something "unique"

Vacation package is definitely on my mind.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t recommend a avy class. Bought a package on here for a fundraiser for 2 people and couldn’t redeem it. What’s your price range for a package?

Cheers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about something along the lines of 6 days accommodations at a hotel, that can be used at the winners discretion.
That would interest me, as we could use them any time of the year, and just a day or two here or there. If it includes breakfast, then bonus.
Most people stay somewhere while on trips, but its not limited to just snowmobiling. Make it a nice room, in good hotel, not the local dive, and cheapest room they have. Make sure they don't have a short expiry date, or weird restrictions. I've always been tempted by raffles such as that, and happy to buy a ticket.

Last edited:
  • Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Keep the ideas and feedback coming.

The end goal is, our club needs to look at replacing our snow cat, as ours is old, tired, and is starting to cost us some good capital.

So we're looking to fund raise a BIG dollar value and I know we won't get it all from one raffle, but if we can get a good portion of it, that makes it worth while.

That's where I want to go bigger ticket.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the accommodations to use when ever where ever are a good idea. Or a sled trailer. Doesn't have to be just snowmobilers that can use an enclosed, or if they have no use they can sell. Another idea would be to determine a price of prize and offer a choice of a couple different ones or cash equivalent.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would talk to big dealerships. Cycle works, Riders, Turplebro, Basecamp, Martin etc. to see what kind of a gift package they could offer? (it would be purchased with possible discount) Maybe a $5000, $10,000, $15,000 in store credit for gear, parts, Downpayment on new toy? They may have an incetive program as part of their marketing budget to give a club a discount? If you got one brand on the hook, I'm sure another's would follow. Maybe?

Snort

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whatever prize you go with, talk to the dealers. With the raffles that we run, dealers are usually willing to cut a pretty decent deal in exchange for them being acknowledged on the tickets and advertising. That leaves more green in your pocket as the required prize value required by the AGLC is based on retail value and not actual cost to you. No way to make any gains if you raffle cash.

Sometimes it makes sense to talk to dealers before you make a decision on a prize(s). If they have some dead inventory, you can get even better deals.

Cheers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cheap raffle sled 🤣

Attachments

• images(1685).jpg
    images(1685).jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 61

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Four place trailer is where it's at.

Sled raffles are all over. There may have been 5 club raffles, but the number of waffles on top of that is probably 4x, and that's just the groups I'm in

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My list:
Pellet Smoker/Grill, Traegers usually go over pretty well
Coolers, seen some pretty nice Yeti ones with custom hydroturf tops
Trips, Flights and 4 nights accommodations to somewhere like Vegas
Sled deck, some people don't want trailers.

Top Bottom