Trail Etiquette

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your slow and weave on the trail…. Challenge accepted!

Single lane riders… love it and nothing should change on that front. I need a smooth trail, why whoop up my section

You are really bitching about nothing you snow flake, get out and ride brah!
I was out riding, when i noticed a bunch unintelligent vaginas that still like single track.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Soooo, lets say your riding an area that does not groom. Why in the F$%K does everyone single track on a logging road instead of trying to make a wider trail? There is a 3' deep whoop section for 10++km of a logging road. Seen it on 2 occasions this weekend. 10+ sleds in front of us, and all following each other single file on a road that's 40ft wide. Then come across a fallen tree, and literally cut about 2" wider than a sled so you can barely fit, instead of at least taking 5' off of it. Being stupid is like being dead, You don't know your dead, and its just painful for anyone around you.

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain – and most fools do…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Soooo, lets say your riding an area that does not groom. Why in the F$%K does everyone single track on a logging road instead of trying to make a wider trail? There is a 3' deep whoop section for 10++km of a logging road. Seen it on 2 occasions this weekend. 10+ sleds in front of us, and all following each other single file on a road that's 40ft wide. Then come across a fallen tree, and literally cut about 2" wider than a sled so you can barely fit, instead of at least taking 5' off of it. Being stupid is like being dead, You don't know your dead, and its just painful for anyone around you.

Our trails are always like that. It's called object fixation. You tend to ride where you're looking. Gotta take your eyes off the last guys track if you wanna move over. Used to love it when I still had a snowbike. Always some place to ride without being on the hard trail where the snowbike sucks.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Simple ..they're too afraid of tagging a rock or stump ...I spend my time flattening as much as possible ....

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk
On a plucking logging road? They need to get out more:)

Last edited:

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Say whaaaat ! Maverick.....get back in trail formation

1706027928704.png

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Single tracker i presume.

Oh yeah leader of the single tracker gang. Actually only ride logging rails making sure they are single track.

What I am not is somebody that complains about stuff they have zero control over. Ride on the side of the single track all you want eat up that fresh snow and enjoy your day. If you see a narrow opening on a downed tree get off your sled and deal with it instead of ditching about how lazy the last guy was and you coming to the internet to complain about it…

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yet your complaining on the internet about me complaining on the internet. :unsure: I'm offended that your offended.

I complain in hopes that someone may read it, and change the way they or their group navigates on their next trip.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yet your complaining on the internet about me complaining on the internet. :unsure: I'm offended that your offended.

I complain in hopes that someone may read it, and change the way they or their group navigates on their next trip.
Haha gotta love snow and mud! 😂😂

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trails get whooped because for some reason, guys simply cannot hold the throttle steady. They think its cool to open and close the clutch 1000 times before they get to the alpine and then complain about how these clutches never last.....

I no longer believe this. Our area is very quiet and if the trail is bad before the snow it will be bad with snow. We have tried to ride easy and it makes no difference, Maybe you can make a trail worse by roosting on the throttle but you can also spin in strategic locations to fill water bars and other holes too.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had Darrell Baker grab my riding buddy by the collar annd chewing him out after following him across the goat trail at Keystone. We was burping the throttle all the way across it leaving piles and holes. Kind of snickered as I watched it unfold. No need to make it anymore suspenseful than it already is.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of my personal favourites is when you're heading down the trail approaching a group stopped and bs'ing. They know you're coming, and clearly travelling at good pace, but wait until you're right beside them to decide to go. The first couple guys roost you in a rush to be first while the rest are dicking around trying to get their ch!t together. You then spend the next 10k stuck behind a couple slow guys drifting left and right while the rest of their group is riding your ass trying to pass.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You were trigger with the fool quote

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of my personal favourites is when you're heading down the trail approaching a group stopped and bs'ing. They know you're coming, and clearly travelling at good pace, but wait until you're right beside them to decide to go. The first couple guys roost you in a rush to be first while the rest are dicking around trying to get their ch!t together. You then spend the next 10k stuck behind a couple slow guys drifting left and right while the rest of their group is riding your ass trying to pass.

haha yep, another one of my favourites is coming up on someone and they are going slow, so they turn around and recognize that your there, and proceed to speed up rather than pull over. But then your still on their ass, not fast enough bud get out of the way

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trail etiquette, seems there is non.
Its all about the "ME" syndrome, atleast that is what I'm reading on this thread.
Maybe some should just stay home and ride their back yards and let those that have some form of respect for others use the trail systems. Bitches never stop bitching and Haters will always hate, sad state that people can't share.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I no longer believe this. Our area is very quiet and if the trail is bad before the snow it will be bad with snow. We have tried to ride easy and it makes no difference, Maybe you can make a trail worse by roosting on the throttle but you can also spin in strategic locations to fill water bars and other holes too.
I agree. I think even with smooth throttle application, whoops will develop. It's something in the dynamics of our sled suspension and snow packing.

I continue to hope that someone will invent a practical sleigh or other attachment that all of us can easily attach to our sleds on the trail to wipe out the whoops.

Top Bottom