Which ONE ???? ASSAULT RMK 155 OR PRO RMK 155

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda brought back memories of a bad story about a house fire a vise and a butcher knife:beer::d

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
series 5 2.4 track blows. i wouldnt base your decision on that waste of rubber

Okay Maxwell Whats wrong with THIS track????

What would U install?

This is why im thinking the Assault and then install a new track on itdown the road.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with 163 Pro if you liked it that much. 155 or 163, I ride alot of flat with my PRO163 and I tell you I sure like the handling and the instant traction and easy to wheelie. I can still chop a 2-3 ft donut "inside diameter of donut just like I do with buddys 144 and 155 IQ RMKs.
I don't think the lugs will fall off unless your riding on the hiway at 70mph, you should be OK even at speed in excess of 70+ mph . When you go to the mountains to go nuts once or twice a year , you'll have way more fun on the PRO163. Good Luck and enjoy whatever you buy.:d

163 is getting a little long for Saskabush riding in the fields. we usually only get say 2ft of snow around Regina and area. I also ride Greenwater area and they get 2-4 ft.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay Maxwell Whats wrong with THIS track????

What would U install?

This is why im thinking the Assault and then install a new track on itdown the road.

if you want deep snow performance the camo 2.5 is the way to go. for being only .1 of an inch short of the camo extreme it sure sucks in comparison.

then again if you use it in saskatchewan the 2.5 or even the 2.4 series 5 would be too much track out there. maybe consider the camo 2.25

Twig

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fawk I own a XP what the hell do I know bahahaha,, I have spent more time and money getting this thing to work then my last 4 revs total,, those sleds pull and go,, XP pull and change belt, then tighten clutch bolts, then reapir exhaust leak, then get a real track that works, then grab a real clutch that works, then replace ramps and rollers after 600 miles cause there gone, ohhh new belt again,, time to clean bearing grease of my clutch cover I went on 2 rides, chit might as welkl doo top end I got 2000 miles hey Ill throw new crank bearing at it too,,,
thats after I fix any bends and add a stabilzer bar and clutch tower braces so my belt will last longer then 400 miles and doesnt melt a hole threw my side panel..from getting so hot,, ohh wait I forgot the engine tech T stat so the POS wouldnt heat soak,, man what am I doing,, lucky I like riding it I guess,,, ophh I forgot to make sure my can doesnt wear a hole threw my chaincase great technology.... A plus design there too
XP's are great

Time to get a different sled haha. my expirence on XP's are crap to.

Lanko

Reaction score
ya buy a sled thats famous for midrange meltdowns when your riding in saskatchewan.

Havn't heard of too many Pros burning down in the midrange, but then again all of the information I get is from the internet not first hand experience.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i thought that was where they all failed.

but like you said. internet information as ive never owned a polaris. just hauled a few out

I've got more confidence in Polaris motors (not 900's or 08-10 800's). Then again I've never owned a polaris since my little 340, I own an XP and towed out quite a few XP's with many different issues... Johny_T's post on page 1 about sums up how to be an XP owner.

PS: I snowchecked a 163" Pro, can't go wrong with either though! :beer:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got more confidence in Polaris motors (not 900's or 08-10 800's). Then again I've never owned a polaris since my little 340, I own an XP and towed out quite a few XP's with many different issues... Johny_T's post on page 1 about sums up how to be an XP owner.

PS: I snowchecked a 163" Pro, can't go wrong with either though! :beer:

I forgot one other lil tid bit,, the oil line now that should be fun!!!!! and when I fix it I get to put the exact same POS part back in, so another 1000miles new cable good times... doo is on it

so went put another 60miles on the XP and this time 3 bolts came off my secondary, one is sheared off so i will have to pull secondary and easy out the sum of bitch....
ya it took over 3 hours at 15km/h on a epic pow day with some sun at about 10:45 am to get back to my truck,,, such bullchit,,

just another day on my DOO....

maybe its bad luck, maybe I drive the chit off it but really this is a lot of nickle and diming for 1800miles dang it....

how many miles do the PRO owners have?
any issues?
belts?
exhaust leaks?
clutch heat?
just a general POS? lol save this for 08 xp

thanks

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how many miles do the PRO owners have?
any issues?
belts?
exhaust leaks?
clutch heat?
just a general POS? lol save this for 08 xp

thanks

just the Pro's or all 800 motors?
buddies back home have 2500-3200 miles on the 800 Switchback Assaults,and not a hiccup.Pretty impressive..IMO

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just the Pro's or all 800 motors?
buddies back home have 2500-3200 miles on the 800 Switchback Assaults,and not a hiccup.Pretty impressive..IMO

more interested in mountain miles, higher elevation and WOT for 1000ft elevation climbs at a time,,

but yes very impressive otherwise I agree:beer:

the flatland sleds seem to work well on a hard pack flat trail but throw in 4ft blower pow and WOT for half a day is what we do, not putting down the other riding but mountain riding is hard on sleds well hard on DOO's lol....

thanks man and I was assuming back home was flatland???

Last edited:
Top Bottom