Which ONE ???? ASSAULT RMK 155 OR PRO RMK 155

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay guys

this has been mentioned before but now thats its the end of the season can get some good input

my riding style and conditions are

2 feet of flat snow here is sask and riding in the mountians
I LOVE TREE riding and side hilling in the mountians not all about the High mark

I have a chance to buy 2011pro rmk assault155 OR 2011 pro rmk 155

for the same price same milage.

Would love some good input from guys that have rode both.

I rode a 2011 Pro rmk 163 a month ago and loved it. Im coming off of the Skidoo water buffalo summit 800R 154

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol water buffalo ..... huh i'm not the only one that thinks that xp's are buffalo's...............

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol neither.....:d

i would go with a yamaha , turbo if you have the cash but if you gotta have polaris , well i dont know much about them but i know to stay away from the 800! you probly know that they blow up all the time , this probly dont help much , but its all i got , i'm a yammy guy:d best of luck to ya! never stop riding!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol neither.....:d

i would go with a yamaha , turbo if you have the cash but if you gotta have polaris , well i dont know much about them but i know to stay away from the 800! you probly know that they blow up all the time , this probly dont help much , but its all i got , i'm a yammy guy:d best of luck to ya! never stop riding!

different engine pretty sure,, but hey ur a yammi guy anyway lol

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
still tho! if the one 800 is that bad , how bad is the other? best to stay away i think........but yeah what do i know! lol:)

fawk I own a XP what the hell do I know bahahaha,, I have spent more time and money getting this thing to work then my last 4 revs total,, those sleds pull and go,, XP pull and change belt, then tighten clutch bolts, then reapir exhaust leak, then get a real track that works, then grab a real clutch that works, then replace ramps and rollers after 600 miles cause there gone, ohhh new belt again,, time to clean bearing grease of my clutch cover I went on 2 rides, chit might as welkl doo top end I got 2000 miles hey Ill throw new crank bearing at it too,,,
thats after I fix any bends and add a stabilzer bar and clutch tower braces so my belt will last longer then 400 miles and doesnt melt a hole threw my side panel..from getting so hot,, ohh wait I forgot the engine tech T stat so the POS wouldnt heat soak,, man what am I doing,, lucky I like riding it I guess,,, ophh I forgot to make sure my can doesnt wear a hole threw my chaincase great technology.... A plus design there too
XP's are great

Last edited:

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your riding style is ditch bashing,jumping ,cornice droping etc go with the assault.If you like tite tree bondocking go with the RMK.Don't forget the a arms are wider on an assault and it does not lay over as easy as a RMK.I ride the mountains of BC so its RMK for me

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
narrower ski stance and quick adjustable walker evan shocks,PLUS depends what track the Assault come with because this year you could get either the Competition or Powder....I was really considering the Pro but decieded the Assault was a better fit because i can ride the sled around the Edm. area and ditch bang,quick adjustable shocks,plus i only go to the mountains 3-4 times a year...
If i want the Pro stance i'll just look at getting the Pro a-arms.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay good points guys. The riding is sask will be field riding and some ditch banging but very little ditch banging. Riding will be up in greenwater area and duck mountian areas. I was in the mountians 9 times this year for weekends.

Im feeling that the assault (orangemadness one) will be a better allaround sled as i could stiffen up suspension for riding sask and dial back the compresion adjusters on front shocks so it softens it up for side hilling and boondocking in the mountians.

As for the track its the 011assault that only came with the competition track. I know that the track will limit me in the mountians a bit in the climbing area, but im looking for a sled that KIND of can do a little of both.

As for the Yamaha commet i am going away from a water buffalo not to another one.:)

Love the quaility of a yamaha but wieght and more power( IN STOCK FORM) are 2 things they need to address.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope don't do lakes and i never hold my sled wide open on a trail/lake. mountian sleds are NOT designed to be held wide open on a flat that will allow them to run without load. Actually this is any sled (my opinion). mountian sleds are GEARED for pull if you want to do 70 go buy a short track(again my opinion

under load up a hill or in deep snow by all means.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just kind of a random thought here but one of my first considerations is it's not what you pay for it but what can you sell it for when you are done with it.

Which one is going to be the more sought after sled in a few years when you are ready to move on. (may not be a huge consideration with these as they are pretty close but just a thought)

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with 163 Pro if you liked it that much. 155 or 163, I ride alot of flat with my PRO163 and I tell you I sure like the handling and the instant traction and easy to wheelie. I can still chop a 2-3 ft donut "inside diameter of donut just like I do with buddys 144 and 155 IQ RMKs.
I don't think the lugs will fall off unless your riding on the hiway at 70mph, you should be OK even at speed in excess of 70+ mph . When you go to the mountains to go nuts once or twice a year , you'll have way more fun on the PRO163. Good Luck and enjoy whatever you buy.:d

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice choice slit your wrists or cut your throat.:beer::d

LMAO

yes not realy sure which way to go. Want the orange color of the assault and the suspension for the rough stuff.

But want the2.4 track and nimblenis of the pro

more info/ help on deciding guys :confused::confused:

Top Bottom