Suspension setup on Axys Rmk Pro

Ruda77

Reaction score
Hey guys,

New to sport - this is my second season only so there's lot to learn ...
I have a question regarding suspension setup / adjustment for my 2018 Polaris Rmk Pro SC 163 3" ...
My main problem is in finding the golden middle between flipping it easy on the edge and not bottom out while going over a bump or jumping...
I am 5'11" 245 lbs. I did try stiffer ride my first season which was awesome for small jumps and didn't bottom out at all ...this year I need to practice side hilling and handling on the edge so last year's setup won't work...
I am aware that the whole setup including rear shocks will affect the weight distribution as well.
Some people suggested to take out the sway bar to have kinda independent suspension etc..
Any advice would be highly appreciated...
Otherwise I am going to reset back to factory and go step by step again...
Thanks everyone

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
36 inch a-arms!

And a bit of practice will make the side hilling more natural. Soft shocks might be a way to cheat but when struggling holding a side hill the problem is probably your foot position on the running board.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed that 36" arms make the sled better to ride. Other than that I think it's technique more than spring preload settings.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As everyone above mentioned narrowing the front end will help but I think you need to figure out your foot position first. The Axys was even easier to put on edge than the Pro so it’s already pretty good. When you narrow it then it’s really going to want to go on edge. Good thing here is you have no prior experience to bias things. If I were you I would upgrade the shocks first. This will make a huge difference. But to do it right is not cheap. Other option is to revolve what you have but the WE’s will never be as good as aftermarket. Once you have that figured then you can start tweaking geometry if necessary.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a set of offset spindles in stock that will make a world of difference. I am motivated to move these so could let them go for $500.

Top Bottom