wheelie setup

selte10

Reaction score
hey guys. I have a 2020 khaos 155 3" and haven't really noticed the crazy wheelies that people go crazy about. but i am heading to the mountains this week and was at home and didn't feel like changing the clutch weights so i rode out 2014 rmk assault and it seemed like it wheelied better than my khaos. same track length, same motor, the assault just has a 2.6" paddle. Could that be the difference or would it be more suspension. I have my khaos FTS as stiff as it will go, the RTS as soft as it will go and the ski shocks stiff as well.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your old sled probably has a clapped out rear shock that squats under power. If you want your new Snowmobile to wheelie more soften your rear shock, and then, when you bounce backwards and pin it at the same time, she will collapse and Stand straight up and down. Also a loose limiter strap will make it really twitchy

selte10

Reaction score
My rear shock on my khaos is I think one click off of as soft as it will go

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You dont want crazy frontend lift in the mountains can get you in trouble very fast. Theres a fine line between fun and not being able to climb anything lol

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
(y) Thanks for your help
I run my limiter super loose on my Alberta sleds. If I’m ripping down a trail and there’s a tree 3 feet off the ground, I will just let off and then re-pin it. It light in the front end and wheelie over. Lol in the mountains limiter strap tighter is better for control so you don’t yard sale.

If you don’t like the feel of one hole loose you could even loosen your limiter two holes. You should be able to wheelie from one end of a field to the other.

Top Bottom