valemount cops bored again so lets pick on some sledders again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got pulled over 2am south of valemount in my car with fog lights and low beams on, no one else around except the cop that came around the curve, pulled me over and told me factory fog lights r NOT allowed on in BC and hes sure alberta is the same at any time. that to me is sounded dumb.:confused:

Was it foggy :confused: If not why were they on:confused:
Not making excuses for you getting a ticket because I think the cop was wrong in your case.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no issue with them doing there jobs. But as for the fog lights being on at 1am in the morning getting pulled over for that. I never don't drive with them on. You can see the road 100 times better. So safer I see it. I'm not gonna stop riding vale just cuz of the pigs. I love it there. And varda still does a bang up job!

Those fog lights you think make it so much better to see the road only light up the immediate front of your vehicle. They are fog lights and are meant to enable you to see the lines on the road directly in front of your vehicle when it is FOGGY. They do not penetrate fog and enable you to see what you are about to crash into. Thats why you are supposed to slow down while driving in the fog.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone thinks a ticket for uncovered driving lights is anything but a cash grab you are mistaken. How many commercial rigs you see pulled over for driving lights?

I have been. Your driving lights must say DOT or SAE on the bulbs or they must be covered in BC. My fine is proof.

Last edited:

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been. Your driving lights must say DOT or SAE on the bulbs or they must be covered in BC. My fine is proof.

that is very true had to take off a grand worth of liteforce just due to that reason alone you can't have anything over 55 watts with a clear lens uncovered on the hiway

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

just to correct you, must say DOT or SAE on the lense not the bulb.

And technically no vehicles come with fog lights factory as true fog lamps are amber or yellow, the factory lamps in the lower bumpers are driving lights meant to light up the edges of the road or partially light the ditch, a white lamp does absoultly nothing to penetrate fog. But back on topic, bitch on peoples:d

SLAYERMIKE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another question for those that are up on the regulations. Why are you not permitted to have your propane tanks open going to you propane lines in your trailer. Now the one cop said it was totally illegal but his partner was willing to let it slide because I only had one bottle open and not the other bottle. Also, how come it is illegal to store a propane tank on it's belly if it is empty. Of course it was secured under the deck with a couple of ratchet straps. Another one, how much diesel fuel can a person legally haul in a slip tank before placards are required? The cop that pulled me over told me it was 85gallons. My tank holds 115gallons.

you can haul under 1500kg of dangerous goods without placards
the container however needs a UN number and symbol

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is very true had to take off a grand worth of liteforce just due to that reason alone you can't have anything over 55 watts with a clear lens uncovered on the hiway

Well if your driving with your lightforces on the highway then dont blame them when they ticket you, their OFF ROAD LIGHTS, and I guarantee they say not legal for use on the highway somewhere. But anyways why did you remove them, just get the black covers for them. I have 6" procomps on the front but have plastic covers and they are only for use on oilfield roads in the bush.:nono:

poorboy

Reaction score
use my driving lights all the time shows highway in front of my truck nicely factory dodge those blue or white lights on newer cars make me see spots those should be banned three of those and can not see anymore as for the police it is a bad job can not please everyone we have a rookie in drum going to save the world pulled me over for mirror first time for that must be fresh out of school just a warning but could have been 115.00 ticket wish I was that full of piss and viniger still life looks different as you get older

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if your driving with your lightforces on the highway then dont blame them when they ticket you, their OFF ROAD LIGHTS, and I guarantee they say not legal for use on the highway somewhere. But anyways why did you remove them, just get the black covers for them. I have 6" procomps on the front but have plastic covers and they are only for use on oilfield roads in the bush.:nono:

never used them on hiway they were on my work truck and we went federal which means like you said anything without dot or sae on lens is not premitted on hiway even with covers had to switch to either k.c's or piaa as per the 55 watt rule even though you can remove 55 watt bulbs and install 100watt didn't agree with it i said the same thing can't we install black covers and was told no

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
never used them on hiway they were on my work truck and we went federal which means like you said anything without dot or sae on lens is not premitted on hiway even with covers had to switch to either k.c's or piaa as per the 55 watt rule even though you can remove 55 watt bulbs and install 100watt didn't agree with it i said the same thing can't we install black covers and was told no

Are you serious? so you cant even have a lense is doesnt say dot or sae even if it covered? Wow are they getting picky, looks like my procomps have to go or I'll etch sae markings into the glass:p

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep i have piaas now company has 150 service trucks with lites do the math sombody looked into it lots of liteforce laying around or on my personal truck

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So do they have some lightforces they want to unload cheap? if so PM me details,

sorry for thread jack guys, back on topic.

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you know what i honestly think is that the rcmp detachmant has to justify paying their wages, and in a town with 600 residents how many local tickets can you give out over and over?? this is just my thought on the subject, so why not target the easier things that are totally visible and at least they have a reason to pull you over and go from there, gotta create revenue somehow, the town wont pay their wages and cost of the building to run, man some of the vehicles running around town there guaranteed if they were to do a check on them they would have a whole bunch of fines. What ever the case getting pulled over in the total daytime for not having covered driving lights is the most sorry fine i have heard of. I was in a whole line of traffic coming from allen creek doing the speed limit "no ch!t" and he was coming fron the other direction about 5 miles from town, all of a sudden i see his brake lights come on in my side mirror but there was 4 other sledders behind me also, it took him till in front of the best western to pass everyone else and catch up to me just to pull me over for that, still laugh about that they have that much time on their hands to just stop someone for that, i have 2 friends in the city police and they laugh about my story and say they are just bored. What ever keeps the town going i guess.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you know what i honestly think is that the rcmp detachmant has to justify paying their wages, and in a town with 600 residents how many local tickets can you give out over and over?? this is just my thought on the subject, so why not target the easier things that are totally visible and at least they have a reason to pull you over and go from there, gotta create revenue somehow, the town wont pay their wages and cost of the building to run, man some of the vehicles running around town there guaranteed if they were to do a check on them they would have a whole bunch of fines. What ever the case getting pulled over in the total daytime for not having covered driving lights is the most sorry fine i have heard of. I was in a whole line of traffic coming from allen creek doing the speed limit "no ch!t" and he was coming fron the other direction about 5 miles from town, all of a sudden i see his brake lights come on in my side mirror but there was 4 other sledders behind me also, it took him till in front of the best western to pass everyone else and catch up to me just to pull me over for that, still laugh about that they have that much time on their hands to just stop someone for that, i have 2 friends in the city police and they laugh about my story and say they are just bored. What ever keeps the town going i guess.

im sure they could meet quote by just enforcing the speed limit. plenty of rigs doing unsafe speeds from blue to vale and vale to jasper.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you break the law and get caught you gotta pay. be legal and save your hard earned $$$$.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, some of you guys kill me with your whining. Reading your little rants about how unfair the world is to you is unbelievable. From what I experienced is that anytime I've ever been pulled over and ticketed or warned it was deserved. Whether it was for my tinted drivers and passenger door windows ( which is illegal pretty much anywhere but I like them so I pay the tickets) or speeding ( which I'm always guilty of ) or the really badly cracked windshield on the pasenger side ( warned about, but because it didn't really restrict the drivers view he let it go) or the no mudflaps on a highly lifted truck on 35's ( warned about and showed the traffic code on it) etc, etc.... Ya I was pissed off too, but I stay polite and respectful knowing the cops are just doing there job and if it's visible expect to get pulled over. The excuses " I thought my trailer brakes worked", doesn't cut it, you didn't check them before you left, you got caught, shut the f!@k up and pay the ticket. There's laws for damn near everything we do, abide by them and no big deal. There's laws for the amount of gas you can transport in your personal vehicle and store at your residence, and they vary from province to province, just because you have an enclosed trailer doesn't mean you you don't have to tie them down, duh, wonder what them loops are in the floor for???? I drive a tow truck, got any idea how many times I have gone to an accident that is the result of a load shifting inside a trailer because it wasn't secure.... I've lost count. If they are factory installed driving/ fog lights they aren't required to be covered, but if they are aftermarket they need covers. As for the cops not being able to inspect your ch!t think again, just like the DOT guys, all they have to do is attend a crash course on vehicle safety and it's all good. They aren't required to hold a mechanics license, and be thankful of that, because if they did you'd probably be in bigger trouble and have more to complain about. I'm licensed, the towing company I work for had one of their trailers taken out of service by DOT, I was asked to check it out to see what all was wrong, the boss was more pissed at me than DOT because I found twice as many faults as the DOT guys did, and some I found where so obvious I couldn't believe they missed them. Oh, and on the cops here's a little insight, the Mcbride and Valemount cops very seldom hassle their locals, mainly because they have to live there too, if the Mcbride cops need to crackdown on locals they usually have the PG cops or Vale cops come in to do the dirty work, I'm guessing it works the same in Valemount, bringing in either the Blue river or Mcbride guys to do the dirty work so don't assume you've been busted by the local cops.
Enough of my ranting, suck it up , pay your tickets and if you don't like it, don't go back.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering do they crack down on the semis just as hard? Never seen a sled trailer wreck but usually a good semi banger at least every couple of days.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I'm just wondering do they crack down on the semis just as hard? Never seen a sled trailer wreck but usually a good semi banger at least every couple of days.

Even worse if you ever drove a truck you cringe at the word Tete Juane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom