Turbo Nytro Upgrade time - Boost It Install

Prairie Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ron have you rode the sled with those new skis???? Sorry if I missed saying they wer just installed.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you know... there is somethign wrong with this picutre.. that isnt SUMMITRICS garage???

lol hahaha jk he needed the room for his SKIDOO :p

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I spent the entire day at Neils working on the sled, fixed and reinstalled the suspension. Went with the lighter spring. Took off the Trail Tank and went back to the stock tank. Took off the lower A-Arms and had them welded by Neils sons friend, Thanks. Repainted and installed, changed upper bushings even though I have new front end coming. Topped up fluids. Just about completed, the sled starts and idles great. Best its been in years. Just need some white stuff and a few more hours work.

Remaining is:
- Clean up wiring and install wire looms
- Install skid plate and plastics
- Hook up Teth-Air (Supplied by Innovative Solutions)
- Adjust back wheels
- Change primary spring and clean
- Remove secondary, clean, service bearing
- Install seat and panels
- Grease
- Test, Ye-haa

Parts on Order:
- ZBros Front Suspension Less shocks (Supplied by E&S Motorcycles)

Here's some pics of the sled and Neils shop, he's keeping busy on all the sleds.
He is doing many upgrades of the Boost It fuel system to more than just the powderlites turbo's there was an Impulse, MCX and an alpine there as well.

Attachments

• photo16.jpg
    photo16.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 613
  • photo17.jpg
    photo17.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 607
  • photo18.jpg
    photo18.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 603

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good.

I've got the third revision of the trail tank coming. It has a recessed area by the hoop to help it move ahead a bit more. Hopefully it fits better because I like the extra fuel capacity.

When is your first ride?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Almost done, got alot of the body panels on. Just have to mount the fuel pressure gauge, finish routing the wires and adjusting the suspension, then a field test.
I just booked in the Dyno at Neils Power Pipes for next Wednesday, hopefully we can get that done at 2 or 3 boost levels.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Wow! Neils Boost It system is really something else. My sled runs great, no bog, instant power, can't even tell if there's any turbo lag. It pulls harder than it ever has. And my boost was on 10, can't wait to get this in the mountains and crank it up to 16. Bye bye Rapid Bike! With the rapid bike it always fell on it's face for a second or two and never ever ran like this. Thanks Neil for eveything, letting me use your shop and all your help. If you have a powderlites turbo, I highly recommend this. This system is being installed on all types of turbo's, impulse, Mcx, Alpine

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 485

powpounder

Reaction score
Glad to hear that you like the new fuel system!! The alpine sled there is mine and the impulse sled is my buddies. We are both looking forward to getting them back and trying them out:d We are heading to Revy hopefully the first weekend of December. If you're out sooner then that, would be interesting to hear how it ran!! Shawn

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
The alpine sled there is mine and the impulse sled is my buddies. We are both looking forward to getting them back and trying them out:d
Shawn, Ive been out there a few days last week and both Saturday and Sunday. Your alpine is working as well as the impulse that was there, they both sounded great. I think they are just being reassembled right now. You will be very happy with the system it totally rocks.
I am heading to McBride on Thursday evening so I'll let you know how it is then, keep an eye on this thread.

Attachments

• nytro6.jpg
    nytro6.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 442
  • nytro5.jpg
    nytro5.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 440
  • nytro7.jpg
    nytro7.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 448

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
It worked awesome. Pulled better than it ever has at 12lbs boost. I may need a larger regulator, I'm just looking into, I could crank it up to 13lbs without any issues. The box is very easy to adjust, Its just a matter of figuring out the whole thing. By the second day It was epic. My sled has never ran better before, im amazed. I had two issues the first day and that is really all my fault. I didn't torque the clutch :rolleyes:, and There was some play in the waste gate lever, I forgot to adjust, when these tasks were done it ran great.
This was the first weekend I had no issues for 2 days, just fill it up and go. :d:d
Anyone who has experienced any issues with there turbo system try this, it wakes it right up.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
For those who have had issues with your turbo system and wish to bring it to life. Invest in this system. My sled has never ran better, and right from the time I hit my throttle I have response, no falling on its face. At full throttle I was at 12 or 13 Air fuel. Neil has been upgrading more than just powderlites systems, he's done Impulse, MCXpress, Alpine, and more than just the Yamaha's as well. He has done a few skidoo's already with the 1200 cc in them. Thanks again Neil.:d

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I have not had one issue with the Boost It turbo system. I had my sled all apart this weekend do some things and I didn't even pop the cover off the turbo or touch any of that system. It runs flawless.

The other things I was working on:

- Remove and replace PTO side cover on engine (threads for MCX pump stripped out)
- Reinstall MCX oil pump and hose
- Replace the skis with Skidoo 6.9's (A bit of work to do that)
- Install 2nd set of carbides on skis
- Remove radiator install Arctic Cat bottle with rad cap
- Install bar across the front so the regulator, bottle and electrical relays can be attached.
- Change oil and filter
- Change center shaft and shock support (shaft bent, shock support broken)
- Cut down the windshield (too much snow in the face :d)
- And get the Buffing cloths out tonight, got to shine it up.

Thanks to Summitric and is wife for letting me use the garage and equipment.:d

Attachments

• IMG_0139.jpg
    IMG_0139.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 431
  • IMG_0137.jpg
    IMG_0137.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_0136.jpg
    IMG_0136.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 429
  • IMG_0135.jpg
    IMG_0135.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 428
  • IMG_0134.jpg
    IMG_0134.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 436
  • IMG_0140.jpg
    IMG_0140.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 431
  • IMG_0138.jpg
    IMG_0138.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 433
Last edited:

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ron,

Any particular reason you went with the Pilot 6.9's? I think next year I will have to replace my 6.9's (last year they got worn down a bit after neglecting my carbides), and have often wondered how much better any of the aftermarket skis are compared to the 6.9's.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
The new Boost-It controllers are now shipping!! These controllers have a hard number set for fuel start and main fueling. They have a 0-255 point fuel range for precise control and tuning.
This new controller can also be tuned for fuel at 250 rpm increments from when boost comes on to over 12000 rpm. So if you have a lean or rich spot in the fueling, it can be adjusted instantly on the controller in a matter of seconds.
It is capable of very low boost fueling, or will provide enough fuel for over 400 hp.
We have replaced over 30 Rapid Bike controllers, and the owners have never looked back. You enjoy the benefits of stock fueling pre boost, and full control of the fueling on boost.
We also now use a new tach signal to the controller that is much smoother than the stock injector signal that all other fuel controllers use. The factory fuel injection system has an accelerator feature that causes some studders in most turbo sleds when boost comes on. Because we do not use a fuel injector signal, it makes the transition much smoother.
NM

Attachments

• DSCN0625.jpg
    DSCN0625.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 370
  • DSCN0626.jpg
    DSCN0626.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 370
  • DSCN0684.jpg
    DSCN0684.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 366
  • DSCN0611.jpg
    DSCN0611.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 368

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just picked up my Boost-It System from Neil Yesterday...should be up and running for the weekend:d:d

Top Bottom