Trailer Batteries. Easy to steal.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So last week I came home, looked at the front of my trailer as I am driving by only to discover that some piece of work had stolen the rv battery from the front on the trailer. My trailer is out in the open on a main street and is easily seen. Balls of brass to steal something in broad daylight and of course my neighbours saw nothing. After talking to a few I discovered that a few of them have had stolen batteries. They are easy to take to the recyclers and get cash. I have now welded a chain and some stoppers to prevent a quick theft again, but if they have bolt cutters no way to stop that. ARGGGGGGG!!!!!! what is wrong with some people? :rant:

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sucks but now is a good time to upgrade: A) batteries

B) dog

C) security devices

D) neighbors

Assaulter13

Reaction score
E) Exploding dye pack batteries

Kinda like the banks use to thwart robbery - except with dye and sulphuric acid. :mad:

Assaulter13

Reaction score
Exactly! You don't miss a trick do you?

If the battery is going to be gone anyways? It might as well as blow up in the perps face.

Last battery he will ever steal.

Plus!! He will be smurf blue and burnt to a crisp - could you ask for more?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Exactly! You don't miss a trick do you?

If the battery is going to be gone anyways? It might as well as blow up in the perps face.

Last battery he will ever steal.

Plus!! He will be smurf blue and burnt to a crisp - could you ask for more?

a camera to film it when it happens so I can post the video on youtube?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
put pool of water under the battery tray so thief must stand in it while unhooking battery, just have it so he completes the grounding circut, should work well i think.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U guys know that voltage don't hurt.

Amperage does.

A 12 volt battery can kill ya.

sent from my HTC

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Amperage does.

sent from my HTC
I'll jump in the bathtub with a 12v battery, and then you do the same with a hot 220 plug. we'll take video and see who lives to post it

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
40,000 volts... spark plug wire. High volts, low amps.

220 volts... High amps. Takes less than 1/2 an amp to stop your heart.

12v battery... Dangerous but built safe.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
When I back mine onto the driveway the batteries come off on go a trickle charge in the garage and stay there until i use it again....the storage lot where I park couple years ago people were stealing new propane bottles and replacing with expired ones.....not sure how people sit around and think up chit

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last fall after i winterized trailer but didn't put in storage some scab took my batteries( which were pretty much done and i was going to replace). The thing that pisses me off is i have to pay the core charge now , LOL, oh well i did not have to store them for the winter.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Amperage does.

sent from my HTC

Only if it blows up.

Happens every year before may long. Knob's to cheap to buy a new battery head out and steal one for their ****ty tent trailer that they likely will burn to the ground that weekend anyways and leave in the bush.
Someone jacked my batteries a couple years ago. Joke was on them though. One had froze and was split and the other wasn't much good either, Plus they were both 6 volt lol. Pretty sure they weren't counting on that. I'm getting a locking battery box made to fit in my tray. That will fix it. Propane bottles got stolen once too. Now it's all locked.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Amperage does.

sent from my HTC
Only way a 12V battery will kill you is if it hits you on the head from great height (or maybe if you put 12 volt leads directly on your exposed heart). 12 volts isn't near enough to push the current through your body.

Top Bottom