Trailer Batteries. Easy to steal.

Zipp

Reaction score
Yup, I just had my battery taken last week too. Bastards. It was a 12 volt and worked ok. Can anyone suggest a replacement battery and bussiness in the Edmonton area thats resonable? Is the 2 - 6V setup better than 1 - 12V? Not sure of what to look for. Thanks for any advice.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 x 6's have more capacity then 1 x 12v....and slightly more than 2 x 12's, depending on size.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
2 x6's is the way to go. My batts will run my lights and my pump and furnace for a weekend no problem. My 12v would barely get me a night

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so does a honda generator, and as a side bonus they will run pretty much anything you have in your trailer, plus any other electric tools you may choose to bring, like a log spitter. let me know how you make out on that with a solar panel on a rainy cloudy day. lol

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
so does a honda generator, and as a side bonus they will run pretty much anything you have in your trailer, plus any other electric tools you may choose to bring, like a log spitter. let me know how you make out on that with a solar panel on a rainy cloudy day. lol

only the fire putter outer guy takes an electric log splitter.............he probably even has spare batteries hidden away somewhere:woohoo1:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
only the fire putter outer guy takes an electric log splitter.............he probably even has spare batteries hidden away somewhere:woohoo1:

No he's not the only one.

He got spoiled camping with us as we have one and seen the light

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

Prolineracer

Reaction score
It's sad how many batteries are getting stolen right now I have had about 15 situations the last 2 weeks of ppl needing new batteries cause there's got stolen.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yes I take a booster battery along. Just incase a vehicle battery goes dead...

Bobs Ford battery was dead from his cell booster that was on for 4 days.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So what size of honda generator is required to run my electric wood splitter?. my wife seems to get a bit cranky when I ask her when will she will be making time to split all the wood.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what size of honda generator is required to run my electric wood splitter?. my wife seems to get a bit cranky when I ask her when will she will be making time to split all the wood.

I run mine off the toyhauler. I know it has no problem. 5500 onan

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just checked, both the 4 ton and 5 ton splitters are listed as 15 amp.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We tried my 110 volt welder on a Honda 2000 and the initial start up is just too much for the generator, a 3000 would have been good. as it has been said try it, but I think the initial surge is a bit much for a 2000 watt unit.

Top Bottom