Time for a Track Replacement. Hard to do?

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 08s (154) stocker ported track is coming to its end very fast now:(. Taking everyones advice and looking into the Camo Extreme 2.5.
Couple questions,
1. I know it will fit but does it work well without doing the drop & roll?

2. Is it very hard to change out a track yourself?

All help appreciated! Thanks!:d

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not to hard just gotta drain and take apart the chain case,loose'n the rear wheels ,take out the skid,get the rotor and caliper off (with a puller 30 $ from dealer)and then reassemble .1st time might take ya 4-5 hrs but once you no what to do should be able to do it in 2-3 hrs...O ya you'll drop a few F bombs to I'm sure...

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not to hard just gotta drain and take apart the chain case,loose'n the rear wheels ,take out the skid,get the rotor and caliper off (with a puller 30 $ from dealer)and then reassemble .1st time might take ya 4-5 hrs but once you no what to do should be able to do it in 2-3 hrs...O ya you'll drop a few F bombs to I'm sure...

thats 2 hours and 37 F bombs saved right there.....

or if you try on your own be patient,, pry from 2 or 3 sides lol

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also...They have it in the 15'' and 16'' wide. I know of some guys that drop to the 15'' cause they think it runs better. Wouldnt you loose a fair bit of floatation then?

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to Tracks Canada site for decent pricing and instructions for track replacement

Under their track list they dont have the Camo Extreme nor 154 size...:(
Already have good pricing for track from mcb, they are awesome!

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you want the true 16" wide track you have to get new drivers and goto a 3" pitch track. If you are gonna through the hassel of this just get the 3" lug track. Really the cheap alterantive is 15"wide/2.5" lug, or buy the new hollow lug design from skidoo (2.5")

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been running a 162 on stock drivers with good results. all the other sleds in my group run the avid 7 tooths. very good upgrade but not required if its not in the budget.

the 2.5 is an amazing track and will make your machine a new monster providing you do the following..

get the 16 wide
get the 3.0 pitch

i think the length you need is a 156. cant remember which camoplast makes but you can suck up the slack with the tensioner no problem.

any questions pm me or post on here weve all done alot of track swaps on these sleds.

deffinetly get the tool. such a time saver

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been running a 162 on stock drivers with good results. all the other sleds in my group run the avid 7 tooths. very good upgrade but not required if its not in the budget.

the 2.5 is an amazing track and will make your machine a new monster providing you do the following..

get the 16 wide
get the 3.0 pitch

i think the length you need is a 156. cant remember which camoplast makes but you can suck up the slack with the tensioner no problem.

any questions pm me or post on here weve all done alot of track swaps on these sleds.

deffinetly get the tool. such a time saver

Thanks a ton! Dont really have the cash to do the drivers, track will be pushing the budget for now. So ill go with the 16 wide. One thing I dont know yet, whats the pitch all about? I dont know this...

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you want the true 16" wide track you have to get new drivers and goto a 3" pitch track. If you are gonna through the hassel of this just get the 3" lug track. Really the cheap alterantive is 15"wide/2.5" lug, or buy the new hollow lug design from skidoo (2.5")

To do the 3" lug you just do the drivers? I thought you had to do the drop and roll to get the 3" in...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no you can run the 3" with out the drop and roll. its tight but it works. but you do need the 7 tooth drivers.

the pitch is the distance between lugs/ports so stock is 2.86 vs 3.0 aftermarket thats why the track works on the stock drivers its so close.

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much do the drivers cost? Maybe ill look into doing this 3" dealio....:d:d

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2.5 it is!! Im pumped!!! Everyone seems to say how bad the stock track is and ive shredded it hard while ive had it!:d:d:beer::d

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was looking at the Camplast website. It says they make the 2.86pitch 2.5 16wide as well. Would I not want to use this as the pitch matches the stock drivers?

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was looking at the Camplast website. It says they make the 2.86pitch 2.5 16wide as well. Would I not want to use this as the pitch matches the stock drivers?

Yes, these are the ones everyone normally uses. Just be aware that the paddle are only 15" wide the belt is 16". Is it gonna make or break ur sled, no but the only downside to this is there is typically more snow buildup in the tunnel... more weight. Is the most economical choice.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that 15w paddle is a waste imo.others will disagree. your losing the extra .25 paddle basically. might as well throw a new 16 wide stocker on.

this is the track you want

9975M

Top Bottom