Time for a Track Replacement. Hard to do?

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta order the track right away here, while the dollar is still sitting at a nice value. Just want to double triple check if I get the 3.00 I wont run into issues with my stock drivers chaffing and causing issues.
Thanks!

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all the replies. I talked with Curtis with tracks canada, he is very good to deal with!:d He explained how the 2.86 pitch track is the one I want as its designed for the sled. The paddles are narrower on it but only by .5 inch if not less. The reason for this is they taper in so they do not snag/rub against the rivets in the tunnel which is a known problem on the xp. As well the 3 pitch track has a vibrate to it which apparently is designed that way. Even with the 7 tooth drivers it still has it.
Got my track ordered and bought! Super pumped to get it and start the install process!:d:d

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
awe man.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................lol enjoy.....

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
awe man.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................lol enjoy.....

Sry man...cant afford my tunnel rivets to tear apart a new track. Plus a vibration to me means more friction = less track speed! Gotta keep all the track spin I can to chase those hair dryers!:d

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sry man...cant afford my tunnel rivets to tear apart a new track. Plus a vibration to me means more friction = less track speed! Gotta keep all the track spin I can to chase those hair dryers!:d

its minimal differance I wouldnt worry man,,,

lol chase the hair dryers.... anyone with an 08 or 09 XP has dumped about the same money as a nytro with boost after replace clutch, track, oil cable, hand warmers, then re align clutch then toss a motor at it,,, or at minimal new crank bearing no biggie for every 1400miles fawk n evry year...

my faith is dwindling gents,,, Doo has learned from yammie,, lets build a stock sled with chitty components because everyone loves to waste money on upgrades fack,, well not waste but its costly,,,

hey Im a doo guy but man

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes 15 wide with a 3" pitch. Just figured with the half bar paddles it would be a good replacement track, run it backwards so that 2/3's are cupping the snow. mayby bad brakes though...

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes 15 wide with a 3" pitch. Just figured with the half bar paddles it would be a good replacement track, run it backwards so that 2/3's are cupping the snow. mayby bad brakes though...

I didnt like that claw when I had my cat,, it was on normal way,,, downhill is greasy and its a trencher in blower snow,, good spring track....

Top Bottom