The Carnage.......!

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me and my buddy both bought new HCR's.....first acc. he bought was a tether cord and the first I bought was a can. I'm thinking I will get a tether now after reading this!!!

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
yep u should

also install it mine is laying in the toolbox (so i guess lesson learned)

chitty luck continues i guess
see what kinda story i can tell next week

Last edited by a moderator:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry for everyones luck.
Glad everyone is home.
I am now going to check on a tether for my new quad in case it freezes.

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maby it was just a bad luck weekend saw u guys in the hot tub friday night we spun the secondary on the shaft on a yamaha vector than the next morning I was smart enuf to catch my sled on fire with the park brake!

mattmedic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep u should

also install it mine is laying in the toolbox (so i guess lesson learned)

chitty luck continues i guess
see what kinda story i can tell next week
fossy, it can only get better, glad no one was injured,

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maby it was just a bad luck weekend saw u guys in the hot tub friday night we spun the secondary on the shaft on a yamaha vector than the next morning I was smart enuf to catch my sled on fire with the park break!

I remember seeing you guy in the tub as well you were talking about your Yammi.Next day at Allen heard a few other guys had some bad luck,1 guy had a crank problem,another guy did a highmark and coming down smoked a tree

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yap I made it 1km into allen the next morning park brake was froze on just a little bit, I though the sled was just cold because I rolled it out of my truck by hand and it seemd ok...I'm just glad I got it out. Oil tank had started on fire brake rotor was red hot:eek::eek: do u think i would need a new rotor my breaks still work just spungy I burnt the line a bit

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Powerteker does your brakes pulsate when you apply them? Does your hand brake lever push back on your fingers when applied? You may just have to bleed the air out of the brake hydrallic system. Flush out brake fluid with new and you may be OK. If any pulsation you will need a rotor. Good luck

94fordguy

Glad to hear everyone is more or less OK.... it is scarey to think what these things can do when they get away from us.

I think its safe to say we all should wear our tethers to at least try to prevent this sort of thing if we can. I don't so much as back the sled off the trailer without my tether hooked to me.

Best wishes for the guy who got tagged, hope he feels better soon.:beer::(:)

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll echo the thoughts of 'glad no one was seriously hurt' and ain't it something how chit can get sideways in a hurry?. :beer:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I guess its clear I owe an appology to you Dez........Your right I over reacted but a broken windshield seemed minor to what these guys went through and I did take it with a little disrespect.Everyones home safe and sled shops will survive the recession thanks to all of us!
catmando!

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry about your luck Fossy,but I'm glad to see no one got seriously hurt.Are you rebuilding or gonna look at getting something else?

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so was there insurance? Hope you dont have to fix both sleds. my insurance would only fix the rmk if i was in fossys shoes.....maybe i should get better insurance that fixes mine as well....and buy a tether.

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Powerteker does your brakes pulsate when you apply them? Does your hand brake lever push back on your fingers when applied? You may just have to bleed the air out of the brake hydrallic system. Flush out brake fluid with new and you may be OK. If any pulsation you will need a rotor. Good luck

no pulsatein just really spungy I think it's spungy because I almost burnt through the brake line in one spot, what do u think?? also how do u bleed the brakes??

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw your group at the Co-op on Sunday morning. I couldn't figure out why that sled was sitting at such a weird angle.... Now I know. That just plain sucks. Good luck Fossy!

dwayne2960

Reaction score
To bleed your brake you need to make sure you reservior is full with the cap back on the reservior pump the brake lever a few times and hold, or apply pressure while SLOWLY opening the bleeder screw until the flow of fliud stops close the bleeder first then pump the lever again and bleed etc. until the brakes feels good. A weak or almost broken hose will also make the brake feel spongy, the inner hose has very litle strength. Hope that helps.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
to bleed your brake you need to make sure you reservior is full with the cap back on the reservior pump the brake lever a few times and hold, or apply pressure while slowly opening the bleeder screw until the flow of fliud stops close the bleeder first then pump the lever again and bleed etc. Until the brakes feels good. A weak or almost broken hose will also make the brake feel spongy, the inner hose has very litle strength. Hope that helps.

the brake caliper seals may also be leaking externally or internally, due to the overheated brake pads....heat transfers to the caliper and can cause problems....could also be a weak brake hose due to the heat, and it could be expanding when brakes applied...... Try bleeding like dwayne suggested and recheck the system.

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a spot on the break line that almost got burnt through, there was so much oil everwhere I though the break line was burnt through but my breaks still worked on the way down. I'm gonna order the xrs line and then test them again. after a fue other parts too:beer: where would I find the bleeder screw??

Last edited:
Top Bottom