Teryx vs. Mule vs. Big Red

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is hilarious , you would consider a big red over a ranger 800 ...lol or a mule ...The ranger is well respected and will run circles in ALL areas around them two...Who gives a crap about the dealer, there`s more than one....

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is hilarious , you would consider a big red over a ranger 800 ...lol or a mule ...The ranger is well respected and will run circles in ALL areas around them two...Who gives a crap about the dealer, there`s more than one....

Couldn't have said it better !! There's a saying that Honda and Kawi depend on when it comes to their UTV's. "A fool and his money are soon parted".

tomanytoysnotnuftime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey on the 2008's where do you fill up the coolant?

Are you testing me or asking a legit question ?? The overflow bottle on a 08 and 09 machine are located under a plastic door that you access on the floor of the passenger side. Also guys have been drilling holes in the hood above the rad cap to fill the rad when cold without having to lift hood up. 2010 machine has the resevoir under the opening hood and my machine has no resevoir because my rad doesn't need it.

Do I pass the test? :d

Was correct about the tires and high range mud bogging?? :d

Attachments

• iPhone pics 108.jpg
    iPhone pics 108.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 168

tomanytoysnotnuftime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couldn't have said it better !! There's a saying that Honda and Kawi depend on when it comes to their UTV's. "A fool and his money are soon parted".

I agree that the Ranger would be a better choice than the Honda "Big Turd" but the original poster specifically said not interested in a Ranger/polaris product.
Also I will accept your appology in advance for calling me a fool :nono:, but will agree that I am definately parted with my money! :d I have spent alot of money on my 2010 as far as performance upgrades, but other than maintenance costs I have spent minimal $ on repairs on any of the 3 teryx's i currently or have owned. Bash the honda all you want I agree the performance is lacking but the reliability is not an issue. :beer:

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So since you people seem to love the ranger we have decided to give it a try. Going tomorrow or thursday to try out a Teryx, Mule and Ranger. Since I has heard nothing good about the "Big Turd" we are giving up on it. Honda has sure lost their "reliability" over the past couple years. The transmissions on the quads have way too many problems.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have spent a day on a big red (Mexico) and let me tell you i hope it is reliable as the ride,lack of power and NO low range is a joke ...imo. The Teryx is a tough, reliable fun machine. A buddy has one and he beats the crap out of it and it keeps on rolling awesome machine...Could be a little sporty for your application ...?
The ranger can do it all , lots of power, best 4/4 system hands down ,lots of load capability and ground clearence..Pulls like a tractor and the best clutching out of the box as well...

I was never a popo fan trust me ,but the 3 rzrs i have owned and the 850 are far better than previous models and have gone a long way to changing my opinion on them ....
Buy what you want , but give it an honest test and then make a decision....

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So since you people seem to love the ranger we have decided to give it a try. Going tomorrow or thursday to try out a Teryx, Mule and Ranger. Since I has heard nothing good about the "Big Turd" we are giving up on it. Honda has sure lost their "reliability" over the past couple years. The transmissions on the quads have way too many problems.

If you have the time, take a trip to the Polaris Ranger Club Forum, They have 14,500 + members. Some of them have way too much money to spend on upgrades :confused:. But I think you will enjoy the stay. :cool: And it does not cost you any travel time or money to visit.

Bruce.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A little off topic but my aunt is selling her 700 ranger she is moving and needs it gone. comes with a old trailer they hauled it with.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you testing me or asking a legit question ?? The overflow bottle on a 08 and 09 machine are located under a plastic door that you access on the floor of the passenger side. Also guys have been drilling holes in the hood above the rad cap to fill the rad when cold without having to lift hood up. 2010 machine has the resevoir under the opening hood and my machine has no resevoir because my rad doesn't need it.

Do I pass the test? :d

Was correct about the tires and high range mud bogging?? :d

Legit question, found it, thank you. Now where do I fill up the oil?

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I finally had a chance to go see all 4 of the machines and the clear winner? Ranger absolutely no question. The Mule is small uncomfortable and feels very cheap. The big red feels like the rangers little brother. It has a similar feel but less comfortable, less power etc.

Also the can-am/polaris/KTM Brooks dealer was incredibly helpful. Their service was awesome. Hate to say it but I may have to switch to an Outlander 800 after their service.

tomanytoysnotnuftime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure of the numbers, but the 2012 brute with the new motor is supposed to be comparable to the 800 can-am and 850 xp motors, and it still sounds the best!

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are still mid 50`s and only slightly faster than the old ones...No match for the popo or canam stock. But like any Kawi with a few mods , they RIP real good...The new popo`s get a big bump in power i here though.....I think we will see a 1000 canam atv as well....

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are still mid 50`s and only slightly faster than the old ones...No match for the popo or canam stock. But like any Kawi with a few mods , they RIP real good...The new popo`s get a big bump in power i here though.....I think we will see a 1000 canam atv as well....

The popos are HEAVY.

Top Bottom