Teryx vs. Mule vs. Big Red

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say the ranger is the best option. I'm sure someone on here can steer you in the right direction to a good dealership.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think it's the way you ride it. Probably have big ass tires with no clutch kit and driving in high range through the mud holes if you are going through belts like that. I currently have two teryx's and have owned a total of three of them and I have blown one belt on my 2010 with the 840 kit 28" tires and 200 plus hours on it. I have no problems with the reliability on my machines.

I love my Teryx so far, only had it a couple months

Legit question, found it, thank you. Now where do I fill up the oil?

Under the drivers seat, remove little black cover plate and you will see the dip stick just down below.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
We had thought about Kabota but they are too slow and heavy. They would get buried during springs like this and would destroy too much crop going across the fields.

They are too slow and too heavy and your looking at a Big Red??

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know I'm a couple days late withstand this response but you said you didn't like the 850xp's because of too much plastic around the engine? If that's the only thing you were bothered by I'm sure you could easily remove the unnecessary plastics and have a great machine that could be used for workers and recreation in the downtime. Remember the sxs's (mostly) have quad engines but are heavier units that are giving up some of their pulling power to move a bigger unit around.

tomanytoysnotnuftime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Remember the sxs's (mostly) have quad engines but are heavier units that are giving up some of their pulling power to move a bigger unit around.

True they mostly do have quad engines but I highly doubt they are giving up pulling power. They have heavier clutches and lower gearing and are designed for pulling heavier weights. My terxy's would outpull a brute all day long, and I would assume the same for all other brands.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know I'm a couple days late withstand this response but you said you didn't like the 850xp's because of too much plastic around the engine? If that's the only thing you were bothered by I'm sure you could easily remove the unnecessary plastics and have a great machine that could be used for workers and recreation in the downtime. Remember the sxs's (mostly) have quad engines but are heavier units that are giving up some of their pulling power to move a bigger unit around.

No that was just the first thing I noticed that bugged me. It doesn't have a right hand brake(not sure about that might just be can-am) which really bothers me.

I know we have 2 new Honda 500 for the feedlot. we just need something for fields, some spraying around bunks and board repair in the feedlot.

Top Bottom