Sled insurance

Pink Thunder Beth

Reaction score
That is correct. The liability extends from the truck to what ever is attached, sled, camper, utility trailer etc. but will not cover physical damage unless you have collision, same as a utility trailer. People think you have to insure a little trailer or big trailer but you don't have to unless you want your unit covered on a loss. Collision or fire and theft. The third party would be covered from the liability off the truck so their stuff would get fixed and yours would not unless you have the coverage. No different than towing a vehicle on a flatbed you want physical coverage if you want the vehicle fixed in an accident and your at fault. Vice versa

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just insured the new cat turbo and all perils is gonna cost $730 for a year. Not sure if the claim I had back in early '08 on the XP is influencing that or not. I'm insured through TD Meloche Monex.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am thinking when my leased truck goes back I might just add collision to the sled then. Wont hurt as much. The truck is 100 month so it will pay for the sled.

Walleyehunter

Reaction score
I'd like to know where your wife works, kellyandhisdoo! I have my house, 3 vehicles and 2 sleds insured at LloydSadd insurance. The best they could do for full coverage on my 12 Summit was $885 a year. I told them if I can find someone who is cheaper for the sled I'll be taking all my insurance there. I've been with this company for at least 10 years and have a perfect driving record.

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
I'd like to know where your wife works, kellyandhisdoo! I have my house, 3 vehicles and 2 sleds insured at LloydSadd insurance. The best they could do for full coverage on my 12 Summit was $885 a year. I told them if I can find someone who is cheaper for the sled I'll be taking all my insurance there. I've been with this company for at least 10 years and have a perfect driving record.

She is on here (pink thunder Beth). If you message her I'm sure she would gladly get ahold of you. I could be a little off but I'm sure my 12' summit is a shade over $450 a year with full coverage.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are geting hosed bigtime. Mine is a 2011 all perils for $440.00 same price this as last year.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ask her to give you a quote when she gets time. She did one for me and we are calling our insurance company tomorrow. If they cant do anything we are probably moving everything over. That is 10 vehicles and the house and trailer. Also been with them since 2004.

Pink Thunder Beth

Reaction score
Pm sent walleye, and ya that is a rip off. With reference to what Kelly said that is all perils as well. Thanks for the post real wild.
Beth

Last edited:

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
Ya what she said. I guess perils is good ad I have all the perils on my sled. All I know is if/when I crash I'm covered.

Pink Thunder Beth

Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the calls and policies. Glad to be saving alot of you guys alot of money!!

Beth

Last edited:

HiLlClImB911

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
463 a year on an 09 m series and i wrote one sled off 3yrs ago that went through ins, dont think its to high of a price to know its covered if it goes missing or gets smashed

Top Bottom